cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

Highlighted
Waqas R Member Since: Aug 30, 2019
511 of 981

So I have this issue with uploading any verification details as I DON'T have a UK license or passport, only have my danish license and passport, but I live in the UK. How do I get around to upload any form of ID verification?? Surely other people have been through the same issues? 

Waqas

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
512 of 981

Hi Waqas,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Kristina K Member Since: Sep 1, 2019
513 of 981
I am unable to verify my location with the documents required, I'm a Swedish citizen permanently residing in the UK. I have plenty of documents for proof of address, but not a UK drivers license or passport. The current requirements are discriminatory and inaccurate, the ID documenta do not show residency, only nationality. Please change your policy so I can work in my home location.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
514 of 981

Kristina K wrote:
I am unable to verify my location with the documents required, I'm a Swedish citizen permanently residing in the UK. I have plenty of documents for proof of address, but not a UK drivers license or passport. The current requirements are discriminatory and inaccurate, the ID documenta do not show residency, only nationality. Please change your policy so I can work in my home location.

Others have reported that they were able to verify with their permanent residence document.

Also, you actually *can* take and work on jobs on Upwork without verifying your location, just not take (or even see) jobs that are set to "UK only" - which are the minority anyway.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
515 of 981

Hi Kristina,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Sarabjoth P Member Since: Aug 31, 2019
516 of 981

Hi there,

I was prompted to add verify myself by adding a copy of my government ID which I did. It then said that the upload was rejected and gave no indication as to why and froze my account. Is there someone to speak to regarding this?

Regards

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
517 of 981

Hi Sarabjoth,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further in completing the location verification process. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Iosetta S Member Since: Dec 2, 2019
518 of 981

Hi there,

I have the same problem, I live in the UK but I have a foreign ID - can someone help me verify my location?

Thanks!

Iosetta

Highlighted
Jean-Francois P Member Since: Sep 2, 2019
519 of 981

Hello,

I live in the UK but I don't have any UK ID. I have a French passport and drivers license. I can provide UK utility bills.

How can I get my location verified?

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
520 of 981

Hi Jean,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS