cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

Jodie B Member Since: Jul 17, 2018
51 of 513

Alright, thanks 

Even if i would need further verification, what would it be?

Community Leader
Annette E Member Since: Mar 17, 2018
52 of 513

@Kim F wrote:

It seems ridiculously pedantic to exclude the Isle of Man from the UK only feed. I realise that it isn't part of the UK, but it is British.  Same goes for Jersey. I would say 'Channel Islands' but the others don't seem to exist at all...

It's a nuisance enough that Eire is separate...

@Vladimir G wrote:

We know from testing this in the U.S. first that taking this step will likely increase the number of projects available for Upwork freelancers globally. Why? Potential clients who can, when needed, easily find freelancers within their country are more likely to use Upwork for all their freelancing needs, including work where freelancer location doesn’t matter.  

It is very well that it has been tested in the U.S. but it seems that it should have been tested in the U.K prior to implementation.

Leaving out Jersey and The Isle of Man, not including Eire (and renaming "U.K. only" to something more appropriate), not thinking through what kind of ID is required (accepted) for location verification etc. are all testament to the fact that one size does not fit all.  Merely copying what works for the U.S. to other parts of the world is a recipe for disaster and it is evident that there is a clear lack of knowledge of how things work on the other side of the pond.

User input (clients & freelancers) would be valuable prior to implementing a new feature like this but it seems that part was skipped...

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
53 of 513

I just saw a job requiring someone to work in London for a week. Funnily enough, it wasn't "UK only". I wonder if they're paying enough for a freelancer to commute in from Paris on Eurostar. (Actually, they're not far from St Pancras.)

Gurgen H Member Since: Mar 12, 2016
54 of 513

Hi

I have BRP (residental permit) to live and work in the UK. I don't have driving license (only provisional) and passport. So please update the page so it will allow people to upload BRP as well, or just ILR.

I hope you will not just write, wait untill you get your driving license or passport after few years, then upload them Smiley Happy

KR

Gurgen

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
55 of 513

Hi Gurgen, 

I'm not sure what you mean here, but it looks like your ID-verification documents have already been approved. If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

-Avery
Untitled
56 of 513

Hi Avery

do you know what is strange thing?,I shal write I am not sure what Upwork means by requesting location prove, but instead of me, you as a part of upwork team don't have any idea what I mean about the new feature in upwork application ? do you know that Upwork has a new feature ? communicate with you manager please.

find the photo attached and you will see.

KR

Gurgen

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
57 of 513

Hi Gurgen,

I`ve escalated your concern to our team, one of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with this. Thank you.

Untitled
58 of 513
many thanks!
Saba N Member Since: Sep 19, 2018
59 of 513

So?

Did you get the answer about BRP?

Guido C Member Since: Sep 19, 2018
60 of 513

Hello everyone, I am italian but I live in the uk, I don't have any uk driving license or uk passport, but I have an Italian driving license and an Italian Passport, however I am able to prove I live in the uk and I have the right to work here with National Insurance Number or Tax code or Bank statements. Can anyone help me to understand how can I verify my location? 

Thank you very much

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS