cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
631 of 743

Hi Fabiana, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket and advise you directly regarding your concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Isaac A Member Since: Dec 3, 2019
632 of 743
I would like to to be a UK based freelancer but I don't have a UK passport or driver's licence.

Is there a way that I can verify that I am in fact in the UK, other then by these methods?
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
633 of 743

Hi Isaac,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Andrew K Member Since: Dec 3, 2019
634 of 743

I live in the UK, but have no local driving license or British passport. I do have utility bills, bank statements, local council tax, etc. - this is what we usually use here as proof of address and identity. I do have my own passport from my EU member home country, but you don't accept it.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
635 of 743

Hi Andrew,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ben R Member Since: Dec 5, 2019
636 of 743

As per the title.

Community Guru
Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
637 of 743

I gather you are in the UK? I didn't have either until a month ago. I was asked to reverify and got a new passport within a week. I wasn't offered an alternative, so I had to get a new passport, and they are expensive, but it's quite fast right now for applications to go through.

If you are offered an alternative option by Upwork, you are very lucky. Smiley Happy 

I'm sure an Upwork moderator will be around soon to help you. 

Ben R Member Since: Dec 5, 2019
638 of 743

Thank you for the suggestion - Getting a passport isn't an option; if I had the money for one I wouldn't need to be on here in the first place Smiley Tongue 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
639 of 743

Hi Ben,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Daniel M Member Since: Dec 5, 2019
640 of 743

Hi, I have some problems with location verification, I am living in London but I am not a British citizen. I only have the option of uploading the British passport or driving license. Would there be any way to verify my location with an invoice or some document that accredits it?

Thanks in advance.

Daniel