Miriam J Member Since: Nov 14, 2018
661 of 733

Amazing Goran,

Thank you muchly. 

-MJ

Gokhan D Member Since: Dec 11, 2018
662 of 733

Hello,

I would like to verify my location in the UK, I have BRP to proof of my legal stay.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
663 of 733

Hi Gokhan,

I have escalated your concern to our team and one of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Raul C Member Since: Dec 18, 2018
664 of 733

Hi,

I have the same issue. I'm Spanish, I've been living in the UK for more than 5 years. My company is based in the UK and I'm unable to verify my location because I don't have a British passport or a UK driving license.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

665 of 733

Hi Raul,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Lindea Y Member Since: Dec 24, 2018
666 of 733

Same issue, I do not have a UK passport but I have lived in the UK for more than 5 years and still live here. I have reached out to your agents and their answer is "there is nothing they can do about it."

Is this a way for upwork to discriminate against people who live legally in a different country than the country they are a citizen in? Also, do you have any plans to solve this? As I have sent in my ID and a proof of my address and it was still "nothing to be done about it because this is out of scope of their support."

I would very much appreciate a proper answers. 

Thank you. 

Karlo B Member Since: Jan 3, 2019
667 of 733

Hi,

I'm a Croatian citizen living in the UK, I can provide bank statements as proof of address (and Croatian ID and/or passport). Please have someone from the support team contact me as-well to assist me in the location verification process.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
668 of 733

Hi Karlo,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further with the verification, thank you.

Untitled
Christina P Member Since: Jan 16, 2019
669 of 733

Hi,

I am a norwegian citizen living in the UK (Glasgow, Scotland), so I don't have a british passport OR a driver's licence.

Is there anyway of verifying without these documents?

Best,
Christina P. **Edited for community guidelines**

670 of 733

Hi Christina,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and advise your further regarding acceptable documents for your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled