cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

Highlighted
Alejandra A Member Since: Mar 11, 2020
761 of 913

Hi! I'm a freelancer based in the United Kingdom, and I am trying to verify my location so as to access UK-only jobs. However, I don't hold a British drivers license or passport. Instead, I have a Spanish passport through which I am legally entitled to live and work in the UK until 2022. I also have a British National Insurance Number, through which I pay taxes. Is there any way I can verify my location without the two listed documents?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
762 of 913

Hi Alejandra, 

You should be able to do a manual location verification. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Gustav E Member Since: Mar 29, 2019
763 of 913

Hi,

I recently moved to the UK and applied for my Upwork account. Now after being accepted, I am being asked to verify my location. The issue is that they are asking for a British id or passport but since I do not have these documents (Originally from Sweden) I can not proceed with the process.

How do I solve this issue?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
764 of 913

Hi Gustav,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Dana V Member Since: Mar 17, 2020
765 of 913
Hi there,

I am a Dutch national living in London for the past 7 years. I am a permanent resident but do not have a driver’s license or a British passport and as such, am not able to verify my location. Please can you advise how I might be able to confirm my London location in another way? I have an official British residency document card.

Thank you!

Dana
Highlighted
766 of 913

Hi Dana,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Dana V Member Since: Mar 17, 2020
767 of 913
Thanks so much!!
Highlighted
Melinda V Member Since: Nov 26, 2019
768 of 913

Hi there, I live in the UK permanently but I'm not a British Citizen. Is there any other way to confirm my residence? I can submit my ID (not British) and a bank statement to confirm my address s here in England?

Many thanks,

Melinda

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ehtisham B Member Since: Mar 15, 2019
769 of 913

You can add you only your's id in which your name, picture and address is mentioned. 

Highlighted
770 of 913

Hi Melinda,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS