Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

svetagasilina
Lidiia B Member Since: Mar 5, 2020
791 of 1,829
Hello,

I live in the UK and wanted to verify my location for Upwork. The only two forms of ID they accept are British passport or UK driving license. I don't have neither of those, but I have a UK residence card, utility bills, bank statement. How can I upload evidence?
bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
792 of 1,829

Thank you for reaching out to us, Lidiia.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
alearmitage
Alejandra A Member Since: Mar 11, 2020
793 of 1,829

Hi! I'm a freelancer based in the United Kingdom, and I am trying to verify my location so as to access UK-only jobs. However, I don't hold a British drivers license or passport. Instead, I have a Spanish passport through which I am legally entitled to live and work in the UK until 2022. I also have a British National Insurance Number, through which I pay taxes. Is there any way I can verify my location without the two listed documents?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
794 of 1,829

Hi Alejandra, 

You should be able to do a manual location verification. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
erikssongustav
Gustav E Member Since: Mar 29, 2019
795 of 1,829

Hi,

I recently moved to the UK and applied for my Upwork account. Now after being accepted, I am being asked to verify my location. The issue is that they are asking for a British id or passport but since I do not have these documents (Originally from Sweden) I can not proceed with the process.

How do I solve this issue?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
796 of 1,829

Hi Gustav,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
9ebe9d50
Dana V Member Since: Mar 17, 2020
797 of 1,829
Hi there,

I am a Dutch national living in London for the past 7 years. I am a permanent resident but do not have a driver’s license or a British passport and as such, am not able to verify my location. Please can you advise how I might be able to confirm my London location in another way? I have an official British residency document card.

Thank you!

Dana
g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
798 of 1,829

Hi Dana,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
9ebe9d50
Dana V Member Since: Mar 17, 2020
799 of 1,829
Thanks so much!!
melindavar
Melinda V Member Since: Nov 26, 2019
800 of 1,829

Hi there, I live in the UK permanently but I'm not a British Citizen. Is there any other way to confirm my residence? I can submit my ID (not British) and a bank statement to confirm my address s here in England?

Many thanks,

Melinda

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS