Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
841 of 1,835

Hi Rob,

I would like to clarify that the UK jobs feed is available to freelancers located in the UK. Since you`re currently not in the UK you will not be able to access the job feed and you will also need to update your address to reflect your current location. 
Just to confirm, that once you`ve located a job from a UK client under your Job Feed you will still be able to send a proposal.
Once you`re ready feel free to submit your application for a review, once the review is completed our team will reach out to you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
lutzrob
Rob L Member Since: Apr 23, 2020
842 of 1,835

Hi Goran, thanks for coming back so quickly. I am struggling to see the benfit for anyone with this system & as I mentioned earlier I cant change the address country from the UK to reflect my current location in the registration set up. Can you tell me where to go from here? thanks rob

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
843 of 1,835

I`m sorry about skipping that part, Rob,

Your country is now updated and you can update the rest of your address once you`re ready. If something is still confusing or you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
844 of 1,835

Rob L wrote:

Hi I'm having issues with my set up. I am a British citizen based in Spain. I am wanting to work with UK clients from here. I don't seem to be able to register my Spanish address - have to have a UK address and phone number. I have tried to contact Upwork to no avail.. Any ideas? Is work limited to your place of residence? 

Unfortunately Upwork seems to think that geoblocking is a good thing, so unless you are resident in either the US or UK, you will not be able to apply for certain jobs. It is an exceptionally discriminatory feature. 

The EU has made a new ruling on geoblocking, that Upwork has managed to bypass, and I suppose judging from the official page, there are a couple of grey areas as to what constitutes "unjustified geoblocking". https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/policies/geoblocking

ETA:Rob's post had nothing to do with EU citizens living in UK - who are not blocked from UK jobs. It is not about being allowed to work, but being allowed to access job offers. 

Ana V Member Since: Apr 27, 2020
845 of 1,835

Hello,
I'm trying to submit a proposal for a work, but it is asking for verify my location and for that i need my ID. I am a Portuguese currently living in the United Kingdom. And is asking me for a British passport or a British driver's license, I don't have one. Also I already had confirm my ID and it was approve before.
What should I do in this situation?

Thanks,
Ana

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
846 of 1,835

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ana.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
antoniozack
Antonio Z Member Since: Nov 25, 2019
847 of 1,835

Hello!

Ok, so here is the problem: I'm a brazilian, married with an european living in UK, I want to apply for the jobs in the UK ONLY section but, for now, I only have a Brazilian passport with a EEA stamp (proving that I'm elegible to work in UK). The system keeps rejecting me even though I'm uploading the passport with the stamp.

I'm waiting for my biometrical card (a.k.a. British ID) but since the COVID19 mess, no one knows when it's arriving, it could take months.

Is there someway to make the system accept my EEA Stamp?

Thank you in advance.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
848 of 1,835

Thank you for reaching out to us, Antonio.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
antoniozack
Antonio Z Member Since: Nov 25, 2019
849 of 1,835

Hello, I still got no answer from you guys to solve my problem...

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
850 of 1,835

Hi Antonio,

I checked, and I can confirm that your concern has been escalated, and our team has reached out to you to verify your account. Please check your email and follow the link that the team sent to submit your documents for verification. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS