cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

Farhan B Member Since: May 4, 2020
841 of 1,274

Hi, I moved to UK few months ago and now i have started again my ferelance journey. I need to verify my loaction in UK as i have only BRP. I don't have driving license. Please help me to verify my location with BRP 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
842 of 1,274

Thank you for reaching out to us, Farhan.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Oana I Member Since: May 5, 2020
843 of 1,274

Hi I am unable to apply to some jobs because I can't verify my location. I am an EU citizen living in the UK and to verify my location I am being asked to upload my British Driving Licence or my British passport, which is not possible. Are there any other documents I could provide to verify my location? I would appreciate your soonest answer as I plan to apply to some jobs which strictly require my location to be verified. Thanks in advance for your support!

844 of 1,274

Hi Oana,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Elaine S Member Since: Apr 16, 2020
845 of 1,274

Hi,

I confirmed my identity by sending in my permanent residency card for the UK and having the visual chat. However, I'm blocked from applying for UK-only jobs. When I click 'verify' I am asked to present a UK passport only.

I assume this must be some kind of mistake because it would be discrimination otherwise. Would anyone be able to help me with the next steps?

Much appreciated. : )

846 of 1,274

Thank you for reaching out to us, Elaine.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Arnis M Member Since: May 4, 2020
847 of 1,274

So I recently signed up to upwork and have noticed that I need to verify my location by using a passport that is native to the U.K. However I migrated here 10 years ago and I still have my european passport. Is there any way to verify my location otherwise, or will I have to stick to the worse jobs?

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
848 of 1,274

You can use a driver's license or other form of official photo I.D. to confirm your location. But you might be disappointed when you see that there are just as many low-paying jobs in the UK marketplace as in the general one. (I've found lots of good clients in countries besides the UK, too.)

Arnis M Member Since: May 4, 2020
849 of 1,274

Thanks for the quick reply, but I don't have a british driving licence either which is why I'm kinda stuck in the whole location verification problem

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
850 of 1,274

Hi Arnis, 

You should be able to go through a manual review process and be location verified by providing us a government-issued ID, and a document with proof of residence dated within the past six months. I've shared your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS