Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

Highlighted
Jake S Member Since: Jun 25, 2020
871 of 1,023

Hi,

One of your agents just informed me that my account would be placed on hold and nothing could be done.

As such it appears I will lose the account and therefore have requested a deletion rather than a hold because due to the pandemic I am unable to have a photograph taken to apply for a driving licence or passport anytime soon (I'm in the extremely clinically vulnerable category - shielding).

It's a shame I will lose this account when my financial future is uncertain but in this instance, your lack of flexibility and ability to deviate from copy and paste statement means I have no option

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
872 of 1,023

Hi Jake,

I realize that your situation is difficult. I do see you're actively communicating with our team and would just like to reiterate and clarify that you won't lose your account if you don't complete verification within the 7-day time frame. If you are unable to complete the process within this time frame, your Upwork account will be placed on a temporary hold until you do. This hold will prevent you from obtaining new work (existing proposals will be canceled and new ones can’t be submitted) and withdrawing funds. It will not affect your ability to work on your active contracts.

I'd kindly ask you to reconsider your decision to close your account and will ask our team to follow up with you directly and clarify the verification process further.

Highlighted
Gonzalo F Member Since: Jun 26, 2020
873 of 1,023

Hi,

I've tried to verify my location, but the only documents accepted for UK verification are UK driving license and UK passport.

I'm a European citizen living in the UK, and I don't have any of those documents. 

I've read a few community posts, but I couldn't find any specific steps to take.

Thank you

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
874 of 1,023

Hi Gonzalo,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Greta O Member Since: Jul 1, 2020
875 of 1,023

It's ridiculous to see so many questions on this topic and no technical solution for it. 

A button with upload another doc would make it. 

I live in UK fro many years, I'm an EU citizen so I don't have a British passport nor driving license. But I have a settled status that can prove my residency permit. 

However your automated system just rejects anything else, without even directing you to an alternative upload.  

Let me know how can I/we solve your technical issue on this. And how can I verify my identity (which is not limited to those only two options you guys thought about when designed this). 

Thanks, 

GO

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
876 of 1,023

Hi Greta,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Elisa G Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
877 of 1,023

Hello,I am trying to verify my location (UK), but obviously the system is not recognising my passport as it is Italian. However, I am currently living in the UK. Can you help me with this?Thanks!

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
878 of 1,023

Hi Elisa,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Yassen G Member Since: Jul 13, 2018
879 of 1,023

Hey there, I need to get my location verified, however, I don't hold a British passport or driving license.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
880 of 1,023

Hi Yassen,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS