Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Selection Expanding to UK Clients

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
81 of 401

@Guillaume L wrote:

As I started my freelance opportunities in this website, I'm having questions as to provide my ID file to Upwork because I am based in the UK for 3 years and am required to upload either the driver's license or a UK Passport.

The issue being I am not a UK citizen and my driving license is all in French. Is it okay if I upload my Passport while selecting the UK Passport option?

If your licence is French and you've been in the UK three years you can't legally drive without getting a UK licence so why don't you just do that?

Guillaume L Member Since: Apr 17, 2018
82 of 401

Hi Petra,

Do what? You mean getting a UK Driving License? I do not intend to drive here anyway as transports are everywhere around me, if needed. My Driving License dates back way before I came to the UK.

Thank you for the reply, I will oversee the process with the agent.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
83 of 401

Hi Guillaume,

We'll have one of our agents get in touch with you to assist you with this. Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Agata R Member Since: Sep 4, 2018
84 of 401

Hi!

I am having the same problem. Wish this could more clear when trying to verify the address. I do have a bank letter with my name and banks UK address and can provide my polish id or driving licence if needed. It just feels a bit discriminated for those people who are not UK residents but live here. Hope to hear back from You soon.

Agata

85 of 401

Hi Agata,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Aurelian S Member Since: May 19, 2017
86 of 401

Hi there, 

I'm living in the UK, however I'm not from the UK, I'm originally from Poland. 

I have a british bank account and a british address, as this is where I live.

Now, since I don't have a british passport or ID, I can't verify my self - I got that. 

So let me change it to Poland, and you want my address for bank reasons, but I have no Polish address. 

What the hell. What am I supposed to put, a fake address in Poland while using UK information, but can't verify my self as being in the UK? 

Right now I'm actually in Poland, which I come once in a while, however I stay in a hostel. I'm reported that I'm outside Poland and reported in the UK that I live there. Hopefully you understand my situation.

If a support team member is going to contact me, please don't send me a link telling me I need to have "british passport or ID", like last time, because I know that. 

Isn't the bank enough with my name saying I live in the UK? The address is there, the bank address and the address on UpWork is the same. 

87 of 401

Hi Aurelian,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your concern.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Helder G Member Since: Oct 29, 2018
88 of 401

Hello,

I need help verifying my location. I'm based in the UK and I don't have either a UK Driving License or a UK Passport. I do have an European one.

Kind regards,

Helder

89 of 401

Hi Helder,

I'll have one of our agents reach out to you and assist you with verifying your location. You'll receive an email notification once they send you a support ticket.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Davis T Member Since: Dec 18, 2018
90 of 401

Hi I have the same problem, I am from Latvia Originally, but have lived in the UK for 5 years can anyone help please? 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS