🐈 Community
» Platform » Announcements » Meet our Community Featured Contributor Claud...
Page options
Jul 28, 2021
Meet our Community Featured Contributor Claudia Z.

Meet our Community Featured Contributor Claudia Z.

cz.jpg

• What job category do you work in?
    WordPress Development & Miscellaneous

• When did you begin using Upwork?

• Tell us a little about yourself and how you got started Freelancing, or running your business online?
    I was working as a clerk in a construction company when a friend asked me about the company website. He told me that if the company doesn't have a website they don't exist. It was early in 2003, I thought he was just trying to belittle me. Pending to be assigned a role in the marketing department after the completion of my studies, I started to learn about web design and development to build a website for that company. I become interested in running affiliate programs, one thing leading to another I was simply absorbed by working online.

• What do you enjoy the most/least about working online, Claudia?
    I like that it's atemporal, I don't keep my eyes on the clock to wake up neither to leave.

• What was your most successful project/contract?
    All projects that I worked on were most successful. I complete the project to the satisfaction of the client and I get paid, that's it.

• Do you have any advice for other users on Upwork?
    Maybe you wake up some day in front of a child support hearing officer asking when was the last time you were employed and if you are looking for a job.... try to explain yourself in a coherent sentence once you realize you just answered with an unequivocal "Yes, I'm currently looking for a job!" followed by "I haven't been employed for more than 15 years." They know you are not going to get a "job" anytime soon.

• Anything else you want to add? You can also share some fun interesting things about you Smiley Happy
    I'm not a very talkative person. To share a random experience ... once I thought it's a great idea to take a flight with a long layover. I was looking forward to spend about 12 hours in an airport, in my mind I imagined it to be idyllic, no rush, to observe the people, have a coffee, flick through a newspaper in a language I don't understand. It turned out to be the longest hours and stupidest idea ever, it was as if my whole life has passed before my eyes.
8 Comments