🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
jose_monteiro
Community Member

I finally see a meaningful attitude. The more proposals you have, the better the chances of the contracers being successful.
In my opinion, 10 credits is very LITTLE, in the past they gave 60.
Most good jobs require 6 credits, believe it or not you depend on freelancers, even though they are constantly being renewed, that's it and that's it!
The more proposal there is, the more percentage of work delivered and the more successful it will be, the higher your commission will be. If you want to increase revenue, bet on advertising for example, but guarantee PF the viability for freelancers, only then will the contracteres (the money men) have reason to use your platform.

dushyant_14
Community Member

Hi Katrina, 

This is great news. Any idea if something similar will be announced for agencies as well?

Thanks!

abdsamupwork
Community Member

Only 10 connects are added? upwork should provide at-least 100 free connects OR upwork should consider a 2 connects policy for all jobs. Otherwise its hard to survive here because 80% jobs are closed without anybody being hired 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member

Thank you for your feedback, Abdul, I will share it with our team.

If you`re concerned about applying on a job, I can recommend reviewing the client’s details, such as past hire rate, to help you decide whether to use Connects to submit a proposal for a project.

katbenjamin
Community Member
Hi Dushyant,
Both agencies and freelancers will receive 10 connects for each interview won from a proposal submitted. We are looking at making improvements to the Agency Plus plans as well. Besides Connects, what other benefits would you like to see?

Katrina
rverang
Community Member

connects-.png

abinadab-agbo
Community Member

What of the freelancers who will post jobs and interview themselves so as to get Connects?

atalc
Community Member

This is really a great chance for the freelancer who was paused for a long time and now struggling for a new job lack of new connections and the connection is not free as previously "odesk.com " was providing a free 30 applications per month. 

This would be great if Upwork.com provides a 20 connect for the freelance basic membership as 10 connects are not sufficient and nor a great chance to find the right clients. Nowadays it is costing around 2-6 connects per application depends on the project length and budget. 

So, with 10 free connects, freelancers can apply up to 2-5 applications per month! 

Thank you,
Atal Chakma
My Upwork Profile 

bevcam
Community Member

Great to see that Upwork will be supporting freelancers with free Connects from next month. Also, give new freelancers a good push to get started.

I think the idea of awarding bonus connects for successful interviews is excellent. Quality freelancers will get rewarded. 

Although it doesn't affect me much, I'm really pleased Upwork heard their freelancers. 

Yay! And thanks Upwork.

mnjprsnn
Community Member

Sounds great, But need to know how much will be fees going to new membership plans?