🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Vipul,

Let me have one of our support agents reach out to you directly via email and assist you with applying the coupon code you received. Thanks!

ashcyp
Community Member

I have been applying 7-8 jobs per week. Most of the jobs are 4-6 connects and I have seen only 1-2 times my connects being refunded ever. When I get an interview, the client mostly has 20-30 more interviews and doesn't even bother to answer any of my questions or just says Hi and vanishes which I once thought they are bots lol.

I like the new changes but I still think we have to spend too much on the credits. The connect chargeback doesn't work. I have checked 2-3 month ago jobs with no hires which is the problem if the client is not hiring anyone we have to get back our connects.

Hopefully, this new catalogue system will come to life soon and hopefully, the table sides will change. 

zubair872
Community Member

Finally, some relief from Upwork. I would suggest either to increase the number of connects or to reduce two (2) connects per job to apply because most of the jobs expired without the hiring of the professionals, and it cost everyone valuable connects every time.

d_zambianchi
Community Member

I totally agree with Jose. 10 connects is very little. When I started I had 60 connects every month and, believe it or not, it goes pretty fast. If you want to promote your platform, freelancers need good incentives and to me, this can put most beginners off. The more happy freelancers you make, the more they will recommend your platform and drive traffic here. I have been constantly promoting and recommending Upwork since I started and this is not the best move, to be honest, especially that you made great improvements lately.

kbadeau
Community Member

This is great. I've been getting all of my work from invitations, but it's nice to be able to look for projects that might fit my skill set better, rather than just accepting every invite I get. It's silly, but I was REALLY picky about applying to jobs when I knew my connects were limited.

nrezane
Community Member

Free 10 connects is way too low and I thought there is an additional connects for top rated freelancers. 

168f848e
Community Member

Thank you Upwork! 

It looks that what is needed now is a fixed 2 connects/job, for ALL jobs. 

So this policy can be really helpful to everybody around the world. 

Global business, here we come. 🙂 

pankajthakur4547
Community Member

Exactly Mr.Davide Z. Even I am using this platform since Odesk where initially we are getting 20 BIDS per week. Upwork might consider it as well.

rk-tati
Community Member

Thank You!!! 

dawood_ibrahim
Community Member

Glad to see Upwork is now improving and learning from its previous strategy. Since Hayden Brown became the CEO of Upwork, I have been expecting a lot from her. 

Please amend the 2 4 6 connects policy, it's not tackling the spam. Also, I have seen many jobs per day in which client just say that he/she needs one hour work and rate $8 - $10, connects require are 6 and 50 proposals sent within 10mins. Upwork can even increase the connects price but make it fix 2 connects require on every type of job. Thanks