🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
rgrimaldo
Community Member

From 120 I was down to 44 connects, which only won me a less than 10 hour job which only lasted less than a month. And I consumed 6 connects for that because in its description it says the project is for more than 6 months for less than 30 hours per week, smh. The majority didn't even hire which wasted most of my connects for nothing.

aquino_zairah
Community Member
This is indeed great news. Thanks Upwork.
itssimplethatsit
Community Member

10 connects are too little compared to sixty in the past

557feea5
Community Member
Very pleased to hear this great news from Upwork side. And thank you Upwork for supporting us. Thank you once again.
vic_moreyeahs
Community Member

AWESOME

haseebullah12
Community Member

Hi,

Thank you much for this. I'm really very happay to heared this great news.

cj_laguardia
Community Member

I'm a Freelancer Plus. What will happen if I reached the limits, does Upwork still charge me $14.99 with no connects added?

5fe25917
Community Member

Thanks for the new update I can't wait for it because I want to be a copywriter for business is real estates in any kind of industry I'm ready 

djallal-akira
Community Member

that's cool this is great news,

qinzhangzhi
Community Member

This is some meaningful move. This shows attitude. Upwork used to be very overbearing and donimeering. Poor service and attitude to freelancers. 

I can feel that in 2020 Upwork did make quite some improvements. Quick payout, integrating zoom (their audio was terrible, with Zoom it's greatly improved), removing contract with no feedback from rating, back to free connects program though very little. 

These are all some good improvements. I hope the momentum can move on.