🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
asifroyseo
Community Member
Just send your proposal. and wait for a reply, Thanks
gohelsagar
Community Member

10 Free connects are too little. I think 40 to 50 free connects is good for any freelancer because most long-term jobs need 6 connects.

saqibrehman51
Community Member

Awesome, a great news to heard. I personally thank the committee and the Upwork team for the support they are going to provide to us.

asifroyseo
Community Member
Yes absolutely right,
asifroyseo
Community Member
Yes,upwork great platform for us,
rayclemaikai
Community Member
This is great news as a new freelance in this field I personally want to thank Upwork community for this great step, looking forward to win more proposals. Thank you
9afb2acc
Community Member

Great and appreciated

khattak_waqif
Community Member

I hope you are well. This is a great way to get your company up and running

remesht
Community Member

Thank you very much for offering free credits. Eventhough 10 is very little, something is better than nothing.  Even a few can make a difference.

9ecbd60e
Community Member

Yea, how about instead you lower that insane percentage that you take from every project, alongside that **Edited for Community Guidelines** VAT that is unskippable(in my country) which by the way no other freelace website have except you, so i don't have to give you literally 25% of every project. Not to mention that fact, that i can withdraw money only to my local bank and only to my local currency(which is nonsence on it own), with exchange price MUCH lower then official.

Of course you are very proud that every project give you 3% from the client side and 20% from freelancer side, you **Edited for Community Guidelines**. And what do people have in return? Maybe good support? Not in the slightest. Every time you address support, they just throw at you rules of the site at your face and they are EVERYTIME in the client side.

The only reasonably good thing about upwork is that you can find good clients here.

So, how about you fix that rip-off of yours? Nope, not gonna happen any time soon, isn't it?