🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
yousef070
Community Member
Good job sir
lead_gen
Community Member

Thank you so much for the opportunity.

a15cb1da
Community Member
I want more Connects free please!
a15cb1da
Community Member
I want 80 connects free, please
xusni95
Community Member
Thanks so much for all
kinector
Community Member

Binh, I think there is a little mixup in your thinking.

Your problem is not the price of the Connects because according to you your proposals are not successful anyway.

You're flushing your own money down the drain anyway.

Trying to bid on projects with $15 is insane knowing that you need to pay for the Connect.

What kind of logic is that for any kind of business where you have no hope of getting profit, I wonder?

The problem lies in the business, not in how the platform fees.

I'd support this platform even if the Connects cost $2 each and none came for free. It's a very practical way to keep hobbyists out and let all good clients receive only quality proposals.

f3329255
Community Member
hi
mzainsaeed
Community Member

That,s was great news and thanks to upwork team to support they are giving to us.

priteesh
Community Member

Giving free connects for nothing will increase useless biddings to the projects and hard for good artist who are serious about there work to get the job, and will decrease the overall experience of freelancer and the contracteres on this platform.
I have seen artist working for 10$ for the job 500$ just to get the job and they dont even give a good quality work back.
I appriciate upwork for being upgrading time to time and keeping the **Edited for Community Guidelines** 
away for both the sides on this platform.

jose_monteiro
Community Member

Hi Miko,
I think Madame Katrina B opened a "pandora" box when publishing a CEO's decision.
But let's be observers:
-First, everything is extremely important that UpWork really promotes successes, otherwise it would not justify its existence.
-There will be, as long as there is UpWork, entry and exit of freelancers and contracters. So it is necessary not to prevent its replacement with protectionist measures as some veterans crave.
-Perceives that some published works are for students who want someone to do their homework, others are works that even those who publish them do not understand them (I remember a job that the contracter paid close to $ 60 but implied a sensor that cost more than $ 60 alone, ridiculous.
Anyway, everything is work as long as there are those who do it and so UpWork receives for it.
-But it is important not to forget that we must let natural selection do its job, and this is always on an increasing scale. In freelancers, in contracters, on platforms, in life, as in everything.
-The uproar raised is around an alteration that led to the reduction of proposals that automatically lead to the reduction of contracters and to the price increases requested by freelancers since there are fewer bidders, in my opinion they lose everyone, including UpWork. Although they may try to justify the need for a sieve in the offers, hmmm I don't know if it works.
-But as I mentioned, UpWork is "sovereign" and I want to believe that they have indicators that allow them to see the way forward.
I even believe that this "little" setback is not a matter of chance.
-Then the simple fact that UpWork makes money from contractions that "suck" the credits paid and leave jobs in an undetermined state is something that may seem strange to the most attentive eyes.
-Let it be clear that everyone is important, big jobs, small jobs, good and bad freelancers, good and bad contracters as long as the selection is allowed to work. The problem is when we set out to do your job.