🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
kinector
Community Member

Pretesh, that kind of expiry date function would be a very good idea!

So many even good-looking jobs are posted but never started when you look back later. These projects become a black hole for the Connects.

And then there are the other types that don't consume Connects but are otherwise just a nuisance.

I find myself declining many invitations and mark them as spam every time there are more than 20 invitations sent by the client. Typically in those cases, the client is just fishing for the price range, nothing more, so nobody gets hired and the project never starts. Mark as spam and block for good works for my side but I guess the client will keep doing the same forever.

Was it yesterday or the day before the last time I saw this? Hire rate: 4%. :-S Wouldn't touch that project with a long stick even if I had to.

So, some kind of expiry date would be really good to have.

And perhaps some kind of minimum hire rate that you'd have to maintain after the first ten of projects or so.

priteesh
Community Member

@ Mikko R
Thank you for considering
Actully this thing was there when upwork was odesk
And those were good days
🙂

kinector
Community Member

Pretesh, oh yeah? Yes, it would be a good function here too.

I started in the good old Elance. Was just about to try oDesk too but then Upwork came about.

And yes, if you're implying that some of the very good parts of the old systems have been lost, I'd have to agree with you. 🙂

20c6b869
Community Member

I completely agree. How quickly the activity ended on Upwork. Free connections ended and it was not possible to make money on new ones.

03fb7ba7
Community Member

I did not receive free connects in December.

petra_r
Community Member

Xudong L wrote:

I did not receive free connects in December.

1. It's not even the first of December where Upwork are

2. You don't get them on the first of December, you get them on the first day of your billing cycle. See your membership and connects page

3. It's only 10 anyway.

design_it_all
Community Member

Hi,
There was a notisfication that Upwork is going to give its members "Free Monthly Connects", but I did'nt get any free on this 1st.
Anybody please guide me how can I be eligible for this.

Regards

kafsinkaf
Community Member

Better than before.

Thanks for the opportunity.

teaghostwriter21
Community Member

OP says December but didn't specify the date. Anyone knows when exactly will this be rolled out? 

avirockx007
Community Member

Hi Jamshaid,

Yeah, there was a notification about free connects but it was when you score a winning proposal. I think you understood it incompletely. :). You will get free connects when you score a winning proposal.

Hope it works for you...

Thanks

Awais N.