🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
mh4md
Community Member
Thanks upwork the more reasons to stay with you!
richard_wein
Community Member

Interesting...I've just received some freebie connects: 20 connects for being interviewed, and I had to answer a question about whether I would recommend the client. (It was a bit early to say, as we've only just started interviewing, but he seems like a keeper.)

ghodake_sameer
Community Member
At actual free connects not credited and not appearing in my Upwork profile on 1st December 2020.

Free connects for qualifying Upwork Readiness Test not credited.
alialkis
Community Member

Do we need to start a contract or just responding to an interview that we submitted a bid? 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Sameer,

Once this change is released, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle (which is not necessarily the 1st of the month). You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. 

As for the Connects for taking Upwork Readiness Test, once this change is released, if a freelancer hasn't taken the test before and passes it, they will receive 40 free Connects as a bonus.

faizanhassan95
Community Member

i'm not getting free connects can anyone help me?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Thanks for your question, Ali! Here is how it will work once the change is release:

1. Submit a proposal to a job

2. Receive a response from the client with a request to interview

3. Respond, connect, and earn a bonus of 10 Connects!

Starting a contract isn't required.

Note: Connects will be automatically added to your account -- please allow up to 24 hours. You can earn up to 50 Connects every seven days! 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Faizan,

This change hasn't been released yet. We'll provide an update once it's released. Additionally, please note that once this change is released, you’ll see free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. That date will not necessarily be the first of the month. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

alialkis
Community Member

Thank you so much!

angelinalinac
Community Member

Hello Upwork community,

I just wanted to know when will free connects be avaiable for the freelancers ? I thought starrting from December 1st, but my connects are still remaining the same. 

Thanks in advance! 

Have a nice evening,

Angelina Cvetkovska