🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
tarpindersingh
Community Member

Hello All

I got 10 free connects after being interviewed for a job proposal submitted(I was the only one interviewed).  After that, I got 2 more interview requests for job proposals submitted.

I did not receive 10 free connects for those proposals.  I need clarity about whether 10 free connects will be awarded only if you are the only one being interviewed after submitting the proposal or all the persons being interviewed.

Thanks

arasulov
Community Member

As it is announced giving bonus connects for interviews we win, I have invited about 4 interviews whitin 3 days, but I have only recevied  one time. It is said, bonus connects will be given maximum 50 in 7 days. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Abdushukur R wrote:

As it is announced giving bonus connects for interviews we win, I have invited about 4 interviews whitin 3 days, but I have only recevied  one time. It is said, bonus connects will be given maximum 50 in 7 days. 

They said we don't get any if we are invited.

NikolaS

Hi there,

We're already sending out free Membership Connects. However, please note that you’ll see your monthly free Connects added on your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your “Memberships and Connects” page under User Settings.

NikolaS

Hi Kashif,

Edited to correct information:

I am sorry for the confusion in my original post. Please note that we are not awarding Connects in cases where you are invited to interview for a job post without submitting a proposal first.

Please know that to be eligible to receive 10 Connect for an interview invite it needs to be done in this order:

•  Submit a proposal to a job
  •  Receive a request from a client to interview
  •  Respond, connect, and earn a bonus of 10 Connects!

Thank you,

kashif-tariq
Community Member
No I did not receive any free connects yet!
AleksandarD
Community Manager

Hi Tarpinder,

Here’s how it works:

1. Submit a proposal to a job
  2. Receive a request from a client to interview
  3. Respond, connect, and earn a bonus of 10 Connects!

Connects will be automatically added to your account -- please allow up to 24 hours. You can earn up to 50 Connects every seven days! 

Thank you.

hassanwaqar71
Community Member

Hey, welcome back. Personally, I'd suggest you be persistent, and work on creating better proposals, cover letters, and an attractive profile outlook. Install a video onto your profile (and video links to your cover letters) to stand out. Hope it helps!

Keep Upworkin~
Hassan **Edited for Community Guidelines**

kkears
Community Member

Nikola, after interviewing with a prospective client (when they respond to our proposal), are the 10 Connects inputted to our account immediately? Or are they not inputted until the next billing cycle?

hassanwaqar71
Community Member

Hey, it's about relieving clients from getting overwhelmed with tons of proposals. If you want an outlook; a reason, you can check out other freelancing sites consisting of 30 to 50 odd proposals for a usual job post. I do agree with the fact of having connections in your pocket every month, which in fact is now being provided by Upwork. So, Don't lose hope and keep persistent. I hope you achieve long-lasting projects!

Keep Upworkin!
Hassan Waqar.