🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
faizanhassan95
Community Member
Today,I received 10 connects by up work community .
vladimirbarson13
Community Member

Hi there, 

I just have the Basic Plan and am wondering why I still have not received the free 10 connects (for December) as announced. Do I have to wait for another billing cycle? Thanks. 

LuiggiR

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for your question. Please note that you’ll see your monthly free Connects added on your next billing cycle date. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. 

Thank you.

d4ndesigns
Community Member

I aggree with everything Mikko R is saying. Having people that are not specialized (hobbyists), using free connects every month, bidding low prices and providing to the clients low quality work for exchange is not good for the platform at all. Most of the clients are looking for high quality work provided by professionals. Upwork is making these changes so every professional can be benefit for, even for new starter professionals. With these changes, being a specialized freelancer, will be much easier to get new contracts since there are going to be less bids sumbitted in every job. That means hires for talented professionals will be increased providing more quality work for the clients. These changes are also a good idea since the number of the freelancers are way bigger than the number of clients. If a new freelancer in this platform knows how to build up his overall profile, portfolio, cover letters and etc. it will be even easier to be seen through out all of the proposals since the number of proposals will be significantly lowered.

LuiggiR

Hi Katie,

I will look into this further and will get back to you once I have more information.

Thank you.

l0vegamer
Community Member
Hi I haven't received monthly free connects. Moreover i have responded to interview and also didn't receive connect for that
natashamm
Community Member

The basic free plan should include 10 free connects a month, I haven't received any in months and so haven't been able to apply for jobs so now my profile is invisible. How do i get the free connects?

petra_r
Community Member

Natasha M wrote:

The basic free plan should include 10 free connects a month, I haven't received any in months 

That's because it is only starting this month (December). You will get the first 10 connects on the first day of your next billing cycle, which you can find on your Memberships and Connects page.

Natasha M wrote:

so now my profile is invisible. 

You can have your profile set back to public by going to this page and clicking on the green button to request a reset.

b96cb15c
Community Member
How I can apply for free connects?
NikolaS

Hi Asad,

Please know that we're already sending out free Membership Connects. However, please note that you’ll see your monthly free Connects added on your next billing cycle date. You can find this date on your “Memberships and Connects” page under User Settings.

I would like to clarify that if you have sent a proposal and received a request from a client to interview, provided you responded to the client's message, you will be awarded a bonus of 10 Connects and they will be added to your account within 24 hours.