🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
malinabaj
Community Member

Form long time I submit proposal but no one responded. All jobs are expired. Today I check that all job which I submitted, Clients not response any freelance… I noticed “Last viewed by client: 5/9 … days ago”

In this way, we waste our money on connects. So upwork also need to consider strictly on those person who post job.

stha_biswas
Community Member

While the new update is far better than before, Upwork should also consider to refund connects on those jobs that expire due to client's inactivity.

Also, it would be great if clients had to use some of 'their' connects to post a job so that they show some activity and don't layoff in the middle.

petra_r
Community Member

Biswas K wrote:

Also, it would be great if clients had to use some of 'their' connects to post a job 

Why? Do you want less opportunities, less clients, less jobs and less ernings? How would making clients leave the platform help freelancers? How would you benefit from less opportunities? 

malinabaj
Community Member

I am agree with Bishwas... Clients also not respons properly.. We just wasting our connects... 

Form long time I submit proposal but no one responded. All jobs are expired. Today I check that all job which I submitted, Clients not response any freelance… I noticed “Last viewed by client: 5/9 … days ago”

In this way, we waste our money on connects. So upwork also need to consider strictly on those person who post job.

bentownsend
Community Member

I'm pleased Upwork is offering free connects again, but I still have one additional issue with the current system.

What if I apply to a job, but the job is never fulfilled?

If I apply for a job, pay connects and someone else gets it, OK. But what if I (and many others) apply for a job and then the hiring person decides not to hire anyone. It is unfair for us to be charged for a job that never happens. In this instance, we should all be refunded our connects.

NikolaS

Hi Anahit,

I would like to clarify that this change is already being rolled out, and you do not need to apply. You’ll see your monthly free Connects added on your next billing cycle date. You can find this date on your “Memberships and Connects” page under User Settings.

NikolaS

Hi Malina and Biswas,

Please know that submitting a proposal has a financial cost, just like the other expenses you incur as a freelancer running your own business. If a client never hires but doesn’t close the job, your Connects are not returned. In this situation, we continue to encourage the client to hire or close the job, but ask that you consider the cost of Connects as part of your business expenses.

We return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. You can find more information here.

halder_ruma
Community Member

Hi!

Could you please describe the interviewing system? I applied for more than 10 projects but I did not face any interviews from these. And I did not get any free connection to apply this month so... 

wahabbhatti
Community Member

Hello there! Hope you are all fine

I came here with a problem a few days ago I read a headline about basics 10 free connects that we gain every month but now on Dec 5th my account still showing o available connects so any problem with my profile or I'm not eligible if not so can you please explain the reason why? can someone guide me please.

thanks

moinuleditor
Community Member

recently I have heard that upwork is giving free connect . from December . Still I didn't get this . How can I get this .