🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
fahamali
Community Member

Ok that's great!

Can you plz tell me the tips and tricks to write proposal and win more jobs ??

jeffcell
Community Member

Hello there!

I am waiting for the free connects as a basic freelancer. What will I do to get it? Or am I entitle to the free connects since you've announced it last month.

Jeff

tanvir01836
Community Member

Hello brothers and sisters!

Take love and respect from the deep of my heart. I have an issue! Recently I saw a notice about 10 free connects per month. But I don't know  why I'm not receiving those free connects so far. 

Please can anybody tell me what's the reason behind this?

Thank you all!

Tanvir

expert_gen
Community Member

This is a new opportunity to get a job. Thanks Upwork.

kpraveenkoya
Community Member

hi,

10 connects is too less. if some jobs require more than 10 connects, what do we do then? leave the job? since they stopped the free connects, i lost a lot of jobs i was skilled enouigh to do, simply because i had no connects available and i couldn't afford to spend money on buying connects. since then i have been forced to rely on interview offers, some of which i may not be able to reply immediately. and i end up losing that job offer. minimum connects required for a job should be 1 connect, not 4/6/10 connects per job if you are offering only 10 connects per month. it's practically nullifying the advantage of having free connects. the minimum free connects should be 40 per month for basic and more can be given for freelancer plus and above. not every freelancer can afford to pay for connects. or for taking advanced tests which are paid. 

rozroz13
Community Member

It has happened a few times that clients post a job and, after a few days once they have received proposals, decide to restrict it to certain geographies. In such cases the job should either be marked as archived and connects should be returned because the conditions were changed AFTER the fact and I, as the freelancer, did not know the client did not want someone from my geography. The client should be clear beforehand and if they could not be, the freelancer should not be penalized for the client's change of mind.

vaassistantdan
Community Member
That was awesome
asadali2468
Community Member

Hi,

I recently passed the readiness test but unfortunately have not received 40 Free Connects till now.

hafizsanaullah50
Community Member
December is going on, When will I get free connects ?
hafizsanaullah50
Community Member
Indeed