🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Lakshmanan Prakash,

Please, refer to my reply here.

Valeria K. wrote:

Please note that the Connects limit for freelancers at any given time is 200 Connects, as noted in this Help article (please see a screenshot of the chart featured in that article). This limit does apply to bonus Connects issued for winning proposals or passing the Readiness Test. However, this limit does not apply to Connects refunded when jobs are closed by the client without making a hire or by Upwork in case of TOS violations.

tani_ali
Community Member

I saw the article, there is no any limit mention in the article that describes how many connect hold at the time except rollover 200 limits. By the way, what is the holding limit in a billing cycle?. Right now I have 219 connects and there is no any connects bounce I have received.

tani_ali
Community Member

So it means I can receive the bonus connects when I have less than 200 connects right?. Right now I have more than 200 that's why I cannot eligible for this?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Tanzeel A wrote:

So it means I can receive the bonus connects when I have less than 200 connects right?. Right now I have more than 200 that's why I cannot eligible for this?

That's correct, Tanzeel!

srmasud43ju
Community Member

Hi, I am new to Upwork. I don't receive monthly connect which Upwork gives every freelancer per month.

qelerakis
Community Member

Hey Sohel,

If you're a new member, then you automatically get some connects when your profile gets approved. Additionally, you can get some more by passing the Upwork Readiness Test. And if you created your profile right now, then you have to wait until next month to get the 10 free connects we all get. 

Best of luck!

AleksandarD
Community Manager

Hi Sohel,

You’ll see your monthly free Connects added on your next billing cycle date. You can find this date on your "Memberships and Connects" page under User Settings.

Thank you.
ddfd38a6
Community Member

That's a really great decision, I think 10 connects is good enough, providing too many connects can make the Upwork so competitive and many freelancers who are not truly passionate about their work can spread the garbage like others freelancers sites, that's the reason Upwork are strict with providing connects because they want to keep the platform clean for Talented freelancers.

aamiranwar1
Community Member

my profile is public. I want to apply here. but could not get free connects this month. I have seen announcement from your side about some free connects every month. I have waited but could not get that free connects? Can you please tell me when those connects will be credited to my account? thanks

ddfd38a6
Community Member

Your free connects and interview awarded connects will be added to your account on your next billing date, the connects is not provided to you at the same time of interview those are stored and provided to you each month.