🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
NikolaS

Hi Rony,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the interviews you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Thank you,

ronytranslation
Community Member

Done!

Will be waiting for your response. Thank you!

a_bruzha
Community Member
After submitting proposal I got job offer, but didn’t receive new connects. How do you get connects after winning interviews? Do they cone automatically?
AleksandarD
Community Manager

Hi Anna,

When you are awarded Connects they will be added to your account within 24 hours. We will send you an email and Upwork notification once they are applied to your account. For more information about Connects, you can check this help article.

Thank you.

capslock001
Community Member

Hello,

I want to know if I am still eligible for 10 free connects after being interviewed, beacuse I recently won two jobs and I have not recieved connects for the interview (I checked connect history). One of the interview has passed 24 hours and the second is close to 24 hours.

Also, on rising talent. After meeting the criterias are there situation where by one will not be invited for it and what can be the cause? 

profdralii
Community Member

Hello Aleksandar

It's has been almost 32 hours since I DID apply for a job, I got interviewed and I got the job and there is no sign of any connects awarded from Upwork yet. Contract Nr 25970721

Best Regards 

Ali Musa

LuiggiR

Hi Emmanuel,

I checked and it looks like it hasn't quite been 24 hours since the client replied to accept the proposal and start the interview, for the project you are referring to. Please give it a few hours since the interview actually hasn't started until recently. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

Thank you.

youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Emmanuel,

Anyone is eligible to get the 10 free connects after being interviewed. It is just a matter of time to be notified that they are added to your connect balance.

Regarding the Rising Talent badge, Once you are eligible for it, An E-mail and notification will be automatically sent to you informing you that you have got the badge. You don't have to do anything after you meet the criteria.

Wish you the best of luck,

Youssef **Edited for Community Guidelines**

LuiggiR

Hi Ali,

I checked and it looks like it hasn't quite been 24 hours since the client replied to accept the proposal and start the interview for the project you are referring to. Please give it a few hours and you should see the earned Connects reflected on your profile. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

Thank you.

profdralii
Community Member

I apologize but you saw wrong, the client replied at 1 pm on Friday UTC time, and now we are Sunday 1 am UTC, so 36 hours and counting 🙂