🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
AleksandarD
Community Manager

Hi Najmus,

Are you referring to the proposal from a couple of hours ago? Those Connects will be added to your account within 24 hours. You can check this help article for more information about Connects.

Regarding the interview before, could you please send me a private message with more information about it so I can check? Please note that we are not awarding Connects in cases where you are invited to interview for a job post without submitting a proposal first.

Thank you.

zohaibsultan007
Community Member

Hello,

Good Evening Everyone.....

On 15th ApriI I submitted a proposal & got a response but still, I've not received my 10 free connects as per Up work policy. Can you please resolve such this when I will get it?

Thanks

~Zohaib Sultan

AndreaG

Hi Jagmeet,

To clarify, the maximum number of Connects you can receive every 7 days for an interview is 50. That said, I can see you've not reached that either as of today. Could you please let me know which job posts/proposals you're referring to so I could check?

Thanks!

AndreaG

Hi Zohaib,

I checked your account and it looks like you've already reached the maximum amount of Connects you can have in your account, which is 200. You can check out this help article for more info.

Thanks!

d907c7c3
Community Member
Hi Andrea,

Sure, Please refer below jobs:
1) Sci-fi Book Cover Illustration "Blender" and "Procreate" animation software?. (INTERVIEWED 12th Apr)

2)$30 FOR 1 HOUR WORK (Egypt, Russia, Thailand, Turkey, Vietnam, India) (INTERVIEWED 11th Apr)

3) Photoshop/ illustrator Expert for logo designs

Thanks

Please let me know if you need link to this job.
AndreaG

Hi Jagmeet,

This works, thank you! I was able to find 20 free Connects you received for the second and third interviews you're referring to. Please check your Reports > Connects History for more info, you can filter by "Free" to find them more easily. As for the first one, one of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

mattiullah
Community Member

Hi,

I have won 3 interviews yesterday (around 19 hours ago). However, not a single connect was awarded to me for winning those interviews.

I know there is a limit of winning 50 connects per 7 days. But I have only recieved 20 connects previously.

Can anyone help where to put forward this claim?

zohaibsultan007
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your mail. 

Kindly check it again because you are talking about my connects right now i have in my account. I am talking about earn connects when you apply for a project and get a response from a client then we earn a free connects. 

The case remain still pending. 

~Zohaib

AndreaG

Hi Matti,

Please allow up to 24 hours for the Connects to be applied to your account.

Thanks!

AndreaG

Hi Zohaib,

I understand, apologies for any confusion. Since you already have the maximum number of Connects allowed on your account, you are not able to receive any more Connects.

Thanks!