🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
sparbrand
Community Member

i recently noticed that any time I win an interview from sending out proposals Upwork either does not give me all the Connects I am supposed to get or does not even give me at all. Just yesterday, I won an interview from sending out proposals but Upwork didn't credit me with Connect this is the 3rd time it is happening in less than 7days, I want to know why.

PradeepH

Hello Ifedi,

It may take up to 24 hours from your response to the client's message on your original proposal for Connects to credit to your Upwork account. Also, you can refer to Connect History page to check your Connects. Proposals submitted on client's invitation to apply to their jobs are not qualified. Feel free to message if you do not receive them after 24 hours.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

debmallyasinha
Community Member

Hi, I wanted to know on which date of month 10 free connects are provided to freelancers with basic plans. Also, is there any special coupon code available to get some more connects.

petra_r
Community Member

Debmallya S wrote:

Hi, I wanted to know on which date of month 10 free connects are provided to freelancers with basic plans. 

Go to your membership and connects page.

Look for your billing cycle dates at the bottom.

You get the new connects on the first day of your next billing cycle.

Debmallya S wrote:

Also, is there any special coupon code available to get some more connects.

No.

harshith_pro
Community Member

i am a normal freelancer at upword , this  month i did not receive my 20 clients . can i know when cn i get them .

petra_r
Community Member

Sasubelli wrote:

i am a normal freelancer at upword , this  month i did not receive my 20 clients . can i know when cn i get them .

It's called Upwork, you don't get 20 connects (not clients), you get 10, and you get them on the first day of your next billing cycle, which you can find on your membership and connects page. 

df602768
Community Member

The Connects (Upwork currency) are 10 every month for the Freelancer Basic plan.

You can upgrade to the Plus plan for 80 connects per month if you like but it will cost you $14.99 per month.

13f9435d
Community Member
I passed Upwork Readiness test and got 40 connects as a reward. I would like to know that whether these connects are recurring or not? Will they be transferred to my new month accounts if I don't use these connects this month or will they get vanished if not used within a month?
NikolaS

Hi Arham,

Congratulations on passing the Upwork Readiness test! I would like to clarify that Connects expire one year from the date of issue. However, you can only rollover 200 Connects per billing cycle. You can find more information in this help article

You may want to check these webinars to help you drastically increases your chances of winning the best projects and use your Connects as efficiently as possible:

You can visit our events and webinar page to register for upcoming events or watch recordings of past events.

Let us know if you have further questions. 

banyabasak
Community Member
Yes bro. But how month I don't know