🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
edwardwills
Community Member
I just got my free connects about an hour ago. Thanks for your assistance!
islamsahidul82
Community Member

Hello Community,
I'm Shahid I from Bangladesh.
As I started Web Developer in Upwork and still a new freelancer, I'm getting stuck about placing new job application because of the 'connects' limit. Membership (80) is OK and rollover but we may need some more flexibility about applying for the job.

The client reply and earn connect system are BEST and there's nothing to do Right??
I guess one job needs 6 connect is much, max 3 connects are GREAT.
Thanks.

JoanneP

Hi Shahidul, 

Connects are what you use to submit proposals to jobs posted. If you need additional Connects, you can purchase more from your account. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here. You might want to read this help article to learn more. 

gauri_hegde
Community Member
Hi ,

I had a job interview and was hired. I have even submitted the work and it has been more than 48 hours, but I have not received the 10 connects for interview. What should I do about this? How can I contact upwork representative to solve this? Thanks
avirockx007
Community Member

Did you get an invitation for the job on which you were hired? If yes then you will not receive any as it was an invitation & does not need to consume your connects as well. You wrote that you have submitted the work as well so if your clients do not approve it the Upwork will automatically approve the milestone itself within the next 14 days(Don't resubmit it will reschedule the period. The client may reject the submitted work ask for changes as well it's their right,

Thank You

Awais 

AleksandarD
Community Manager

Hi Gauri,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further with Connects.

Thank you.

edwardwills
Community Member
Just be patient, I have also experienced a similar problem, it took longer
than usual, but I still got it.
lyhen
Community Member
I don't know how can i get connected for interviews
AleksandarD
Community Manager

Hi Jocelyn,

Thanks for your question! Here’s how it works.

1. Submit a proposal to a job
  2. Receive a request from a client to interview
  3. Respond, connect, and earn a bonus of 10 Connects!

Please note that Connects will be automatically added to your account within 24 hours. You can earn up to 50 Connects every seven days. For more information about Connects, you can check this article.

Thank you.

devansh2003
Community Member

hello everyone

recently I started an interview with a client but I did not receive the 20 connects which I am supposed to. what should I do to claim those connects or they will be credited in an hour or so.

thank you