🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
AleksandarD
Community Manager

Hi Devansh,

When you are awarded Connects they will be added to your account within 24 hours. We will send you an email and Upwork notification once they are applied to your account. Also, you earn a bonus of 10 Connects for winning an interview, not 20. For more information, you can refer to this help article.

Thank you.

f66bbce1
Community Member
I won 2 interviews but received free connects for only one interview. Can anyone help me with that
NikolaS

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that we are not awarding Connects in cases where you are invited to interview for a job post without submitting a proposal first. 

Here’s how it works:

1. Submit a proposal to a job

2. Receive a request from a client to interview

3. Respond, connect, and earn a bonus of 10 Connects!

Note: Connects will be automatically added to your account -- please allow up to 24 hours. You can earn up to 50 Connects every seven days! You can find more information here

lyhen
Community Member
Hi

I won 2 interviews but received free connects for only one interview. Can anyone help me with that

NikolaS

Hi Jocelyn,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the interviews you are referring to? Please also include the screenshots of the proposals you are referring to. I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

karishma_ahir
Community Member

HELLO I NEED EMERGENCY 6 PROPOSAL. I HAVEN'T MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT RIGHT NOW.

WHAT I SHOULD BE DO? CAN YOU ANY OF YOU GIVE ME 6 PROOPOSAL.  FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY OF JOB ATTACHED. PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE FIRST AND FINAL OPPROTUNITY.

THIS IS MY DOG PORTRAIT WORK.PLEASE HELP ME ASAP.

prestonhunter
Community Member

I can assure you:

That is not how this works.

AndreaG

Hi Karishma,

Please know you get 10 free Connects every month so you can continue submitting proposals! You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You'll also get 10 free Connects for every interview you reply to. If you need to purchase more Connects, you can learn about the billing methods available here.

shabih_hassan
Community Member

i am not getting my free connects as i am wining interviews. what should i do.

edwardwills
Community Member
I've encountered a similar problem before. Just be patient, you will get your free connects in a day or two’s time.