🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
wbarkho
Community Member

Hello,

I sent several proposals today. Within 30 minutes, 2 of the jobs were removed from Upwork. I received emails saying that the jobs were removed because they were "not in compliance with our Terms of Service". Other than the time to submit the proposal, I lost 8 connects on these 2 jobs. Can I get these connects credited back? I don't see why I should lose those connects for a violation by the job poster.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Wisam B wrote:

Hello,

I sent several proposals today. Within 30 minutes, 2 of the jobs were removed from Upwork. I received emails saying that the jobs were removed because they were "not in compliance with our Terms of Service". Other than the time to submit the proposal, I lost 8 connects on these 2 jobs. Can I get these connects credited back? I don't see why I should lose those connects for a violation by the job poster.

You do already automatically receive back connects from jobs that are taken down due to TOS violations. Check your connects history. If it doesn't show up in 24 hours, then reach out to CS, but it will likely be there before then. 

dangol_dipen
Community Member
I haven't got my free connects after my proposal got accepted. This was with my recent job.
didwaplus_team
Community Member

I had an interview yesterday but haven't my connects yet.

dangol_dipen
Community Member
Hello, i did not received my free connects after my proposal got accepted. Is there anything wrong? Or am I missing something.
lyhen
Community Member
I had an interview yesterday but haven't my connects yet.
JoanneP

Hi Jocelyn,

Connects will be automatically added to your account. Please allow up to 24 hours for it to be added automatically.

lyhen
Community Member
Ok.. Thank you

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
9e1adc4f
Community Member

Hi,

The last I received connects is for responding to the interview invitation **Edited for Community Guidelines**  After that, I never received free connects for the next 5 interview invitations I responded to. Kindly do the needful. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Saranya.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member

Hi Saranya,

I would like to clarify that you will not receive bonus Connects when you're responding to an invitation for an interview. Here’s how it works:

1. Submit a proposal to a job

2. Receive a request from a client to interview

3. Respond, connect, and earn a bonus of 10 Connects!

Note: Connects will be automatically added to your account -- please allow up to 24 hours. Thank you.