🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
9e1adc4f
Community Member
Got it now. Thank you!
rishid4
Community Member

Hi,

I got interviewed for my 3 proposals with 3 different clients, One on 27/05/2021 and Two on 28/05/2021, but i received only 10connects for the interview i had on 27/05/2021. 

Can you please check?

Thanks
Rishi

JoanneP

Hi Rishi,

I checked your account and it looks like there were Connects added to your account already. Please check your Connects History and adjust the date accordingly. It takes at least 24 hours for the Connects to be automatically added to your profile. 

rishid4
Community Member

HI Joanne,

Indeed i got 10 connects, but that was for one of the Three interviews i had between 27/05/2021-28/05/2021.

Here i'm asking about the rest two interviews for which i didn't get any connects.

Regards

Rishi

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member

Hi Rishi,

Could you reach out to me via PM (Click on my name) and share the job titles with me so that I can investigate this further? Thank you.

alijehanzaib
Community Member

Hello members,

I was receiving 10 free connects on responding to "invitation to interview for the job requests" every time they appear on my notification. I have responded to almost 20-25 interviews in a month but haven't got any free connect. 

What could be the reason? Should i speak to their support center?

Regards

Jehanzaib Ali 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member

Hi Jehanzaib.

I would like to clarify that when you're responding to an invitation for an interview you will not receive the 10 bonus Connects. Here’s how it works:

1. Submit a proposal to a job

2. Receive a request from a client to interview

3. Respond, connect, and earn a bonus of 10 Connects!

Thank you.

alijehanzaib
Community Member

Hello Goran,

Thank you for the clarification.

jr-translation
Community Member

Jehanzaib A wrote:

Hello members,

I was receiving 10 free connects on responding to "invitation to interview for the job requests" every time they appear on my notification. I have responded to almost 20-25 interviews in a month but haven't got any free connect. 

What could be the reason? Should i speak to their support center?

Regards

Jehanzaib Ali 

There is a limit of 50 connects in 7 days and you can not have more than 200 connects.

ram3088
Community Member

Hi Team,

I have applied to a job and that job closed so i should get my connects back but i am unable to get my connects back . please provide valid reasons and i want my connects back.