🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
carix10
Community Member
I have had several successful proposals and invites I responded to in the past 5 days but still didn't receive my free connects
a_lipsey
Community Member

Okoye C wrote:
I have had several successful proposals and invites I responded to in the past 5 days but still didn't receive my free connects

If you are responding to invites, then you do not get free connects. You get free connects when you submit an unsolicited proposal (not invited), the client responds to you, and you respond back. 

But if the client first invited you, then no free connects. Is that what happened?

usama_safdar_k
Community Member

I am not getting free connects. I replied to 3 invitations but I am not getting free connects. This policy is changes.

BojanS
Community Manager

Hi Usama,

Please note that we are not awarding Connects in cases where you are invited to interview for a job post without submitting a proposal first. 

Thank you! 

zero_ice77
Community Member

Hi there

Just wondering why recently I am not getting connects from being hired from a job and Interviews. None of those fall in the 7 day period. Is there a limit to how much connect a person can have? also I have a free membership not the paid one. If anybody can help it will be greatly appreciated.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Andrew G wrote:

Hi there

Just wondering why recently I am not getting connects from being hired from a job and Interviews. None of those fall in the 7 day period. Is there a limit to how much connect a person can have? also I have a free membership not the paid one. If anybody can help it will be greatly appreciated.

You don't get connects  for being hired. If you were invited to interview, you also do not get connects. 

JoanneP

Hi Andrew,

I'd like to check this for you. Please send me a PM with the job post link you're referring to so I can check. You can PM me by clicking on my name. 

harttatwork
Community Member
Hi!

I just want to ask why I didn't receive my 10 free connects for this month. As far as I know, we're supposed to be given 10 free every month. I'm very reliant on the free connects given here as my projects aren't that big, which makes me unable to buy connects for other jobs. I hope you can help me with this concern. Thank you so much.
NikolaS

Hi Hart,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You’ll see your monthly free Connects added on your next billing cycle date. Not sure when your billing cycle begins? You can find this date on your “Memberships and Connects” page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use. You can find more information here

I checked and it looks like you should receive your monthly free Connects in the next 48 hours. If you do not receive your Connects by then please follow up and let us know so that we can assist you further. 

salsham0065
Community Member

Hi there
I have sent a proposal and the client answered me, but I didn't receive any connect for that. Previously for any active proposal, Upwork sent me 10 new connects. Is it something normal?