🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » More Connects to win more of the work you lov...
Page options

More Connects to win more of the work you love

katbenjamin
Community Member

UPDATE: This is already live. You’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

In December, we’re upgrading Connects to provide you free monthly Connects and bonus Connects for interviews you win. You’re doing amazing things on Upwork, and more Connects means more chances to do the work you love. 

We’ve seen a huge surge in client activity, and our work marketplace is full of opportunities for all the incredible talent on our platform. We can’t wait to watch you use these Connects to win your share of these opportunities, form stronger relationships with clients, and grow your career on Upwork.

We introduced paid Connects to keep spam from crowding out your proposals and help you win the jobs you want. But we want to ensure connecting with clients is exciting and affordable, so we’re changing our program to provide you with the Connects you need to build deeper relationships and unlock the best opportunities.

Here’s exactly what you can expect:

Freelancer Basic Plan

Receive 10 free Connects per month (according to billing cycle)

Freelancer Plus Plan

Receive 80 Connects per month (70 + 10 free Connects)

(according to billing cycle)

Connects Rollover Limits

The Basic and Plus roll over limit is now 200 Connects

Interview Requests 

Freelancers receive free Connects (the number may vary) when they win an interview with an established client on Upwork**

In December, you’ll see these free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

These changes will create more opportunities for everyone in our community, and we’re continuing to explore other ways to show our appreciation for everything you do. Your success is our success, and we’re proud to provide a home where you can do the work you love, form lucrative relationships, and build an amazing independent business.

Learn more about how Connects work here

Update 7/23/2021: Note that when Connects are awarded for interview requests this will show up as two transactions in the Connects History. There is no change to how these are awarded, this is simply done for accounting purposes.

** Updated 1/2/2023

2,370 Comments
BojanS
Community Manager

Hi Sal,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

obinna-okeke
Community Member
I haven't been receiving free monthly connects for the past 5 months. I only get free connects for responding to interviews. Pls I need help concerning this
NikolaS

Hi OKEKE,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and I can see that you already received monthly free Connects for the period you are referring to. Please check your Connects History page for more information. 

Please know that you’ll see your monthly free Connects added at the beginning of your billing cycle. Not sure when your billing cycle begins? You can find this date on your “Memberships and Connects” page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

b09ad86b
Community Member

i have applied for a job and got reply but upwork don't give me free 10 connect they give me just 2 connect.

80e30c0f
Community Member

Hi, I am a new one .I want to know how to get more connects. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Buy them. But before you do that, fix all the errors in your profile, there are too many. And add a portfolio. 

80e30c0f
Community Member
Thank you
NikolaS

Hi Leming,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that as a freelancer you receive free Connects each month to help reach out to more clients. Freelancer Basic accounts receive 10 free Connects each month, and Freelancer Plus accounts receive 70 Connects each month (including 10 FREE!). Learn more about Freelancer Plus accounts here. 

Additionally, you can earn Connects in several ways: 

• Register for the first time. You’ll receive 40 Connects to get started. When you complete the Upwork Readiness Test, you’ll receive another 40 Connects — that's 80 FREE Connects!
  • Win an interview. When you submit a proposal to a client, win an interview, and reply, you’ll get a bonus of 10 Connects. You can earn up to 50 Connects every seven days.
  • Complete an Upwork Skill Certification. If you earn an Upwork Skill Certification, you’ll enjoy a one-time Connects bonus.
  • Earn a badge. If you qualify for an Upwork Talent Badge, you may receive bonus Connects with it!

Also as Martina shared you can always purchase additional Connects. You can find more information in this help article

Edited to add:

As you are new to Upwork you may want to check these videos to help you get started:

You can find more useful articles here

80e30c0f
Community Member
Thank you
0a9130df
Community Member

Hi

I have given an interview but i didnt get any connects. Please help