cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Connects to win more of the work you love

hassanwaqar71
Hassan W Member Since: Jun 1, 2018
11 of 2,165

Hey, it's about relieving clients from getting overwhelmed with tons of proposals. If you want an outlook; a reason, you can check out other freelancing sites consisting of 30 to 50 odd proposals for a usual job post. I do agree with the fact of having connections in your pocket every month, which in fact is now being provided by Upwork. So, Don't lose hope and keep persistent. I hope you achieve long-lasting projects!

Keep Upworkin!
Hassan Waqar.

hassanwaqar71
12 of 2,165

Hey Nayemul , it's about relieving clients from getting overwhelmed with tons of proposals. If you want an outlook; a reason, you can check out other freelancing sites consisting of 30 to 50 odd proposals for a usual job post. I do agree with the fact of having connections in your pocket every month, which in fact is now being provided by Upwork. So, Don't lose hope and keep persistent. I hope you achieve long-lasting projects!

Keep Upworkin!
Hassan Waqar.

a-verner
Andrei V Member Since: Oct 25, 2019
13 of 2,165

I completely agree with you. I spent my free starter package after a couple of weeks, and for no on I never got a response, even rejection.

nnoyon
Md. Nazmul H Member Since: Nov 15, 2016
14 of 2,165

Hey Mikko, how are you? I've been out of upwork for a long time, I've been recently start working . But I can't win the project. can you suggest me some trick? how to win easily project. Thanks

hassanwaqar71
15 of 2,165

Hey, welcome back. Personally, I'd suggest you be persistent, and work on creating better proposals, cover letters, and an attractive profile outlook. Install a video onto your profile (and video links to your cover letters) to stand out. Hope it helps!

Keep Upworkin~
Hassan **Edited for Community Guidelines**

bentownsend
Ben T Member Since: Jun 14, 2017
16 of 2,165

I'm pleased Upwork is offering free connects again, but I still have one additional issue with the current system.

What if I apply to a job, but the job is never fulfilled?

If I apply for a job, pay connects and someone else gets it, OK. But what if I (and many others) apply for a job and then the hiring person decides not to hire anyone. It is unfair for us to be charged for a job that never happens. In this instance, we should all be refunded our connects.

farazz360
Faraz K Member Since: Dec 10, 2020
17 of 2,165
Great stance by Upwork i think its more helpful for newbies like me.
Upwork is a platform where many of the unemployed persons find jobs regularly and earning smartly.
Great Work Upwork.
souvikghosh936
Souvik G Member Since: Dec 22, 2020
18 of 2,165

Hi Mikko,

It is very easy for an expert like you to comment like that. But remember, every expert was once a beginner.
What happens when you are a beginner and you have only 10 connects?
You apply for a maximum of 2 to 3 jobs.
And after that, if you don't get an opportunity, are you going to waste the rest of your month waiting for the 10 free credits until next month?
Moreover, if someone truely understands your last line ("If you know your ideal clients and you also know what makes them tick, all you need is 6 or less Connects to get one project."),  then he/she is of course not a beginner. 

miruraj
Mirunalini D Member Since: Dec 24, 2020
19 of 2,165
Hi Mikko,

I would like to share my view on your reply which I came across.

Not all clients are same, I got my first job for $50 and the client paid me first half of the amount $25 which charged a service fee of $5 and withdraw fee $0.99 and it’s the same cycle for the rest of the payment. With remaining I got the basic plan for 10 connects and used it and all the applied jobs where either [closed or expired] and I did not receive any connects back to my profile till date.

So, I feel it can be varied depending on the freelancer profiles and earnings because it is not affordable by everyone.

Also, in my place peanuts cost is much higher compared to connects and it reminds me of a proverb “Don't sell your soul to buy peanuts for the monkeys”.
bosmacreative
Jennifer M Member Since: Mar 25, 2020
20 of 2,165

At first I didn't like that I was going to have to pay $15/month to be Freelancer Plus for the extra connects, but then I realized I could just make sure my withdrawals always left that in my account balance and just factored it into the cost of doing business. Now I don't even think about it.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS