cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Connects to win more of the work you love

demizachinkor
Dean C Member Since: May 20, 2021
2151 of 2,340

I have no problem spending Connects to bid on jobs. And receiving more Connects for responding to Interviews is great. However, it does bother me when I lose Connects because the job has expired or goes unfulfilled. 

Can Upwork not institute a change in policy that if a job is not fulfilled, or it expires, that the Connects spent to apply will be returned to the bidders? If I bid on a task, and someone else has a better proposal and gets hired, that's life. I tried, I failed. I need to craft a better proposal or improve my portfolio for next time.

But when the job poster doesn't hire anyone or simply lets the task expire, that's on them, not me. Bidders shouldn't be penalized for bidding on jobs that never get fulfilled. I currently have 21 submitted proposals without replies, many over a month old. 

pradeephele
Pradeep H Moderator Member Since: Jan 11, 2021
2152 of 2,340

Hello Dean,

Thank you for your message. 

If a client doesn’t hire and closes their job post, any Connects used to submit a proposal will be returned to you. However, if they do not close the job, no Connects will be returned. We understand this isn’t ideal, and we regularly reach out to clients who have open job posts to encourage them to close them if they don’t intend to hire. Because we know the move to paid Connects has made this issue more important, we have already ramped up our outreach to clients who post jobs and don’t hire, and are looking into other ways to better ensure these jobs get closed so your Connects are returned in these cases. You can refer to this Help page for more information.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Untitled
beccabrendler
Becca B Member Since: May 21, 2021
2153 of 2,340

Hi, I'm trying to get help. i got an email from Upwork last night saying i got 10 connects because I "got interviewed" but i don't see anyone asking for an interview anywhere on my account.  Any insight would be gratefully appreciated. 

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2154 of 2,340

Hi Becca,

Looks like you're referring to our bonus Connects that can be won by sending a proposal. 

Here’s how it works: 

1. Submit a proposal to a job

2. Receive a request from a client to interview

3. Respond, connect, and earn a bonus of 10 Connects!

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
beccabrendler
Becca B Member Since: May 21, 2021
2155 of 2,340
Thank you, but that’s the problem. I submitted a proposal but don’t see a
request for an interview.
himanshudhmn
Himanshu D Member Since: May 24, 2021
2156 of 2,340

Hi !
I submitted a proposal to the job and later got an offer from the client. But I haven't received my free connects for that interview. I am running very low on connects, so can any official look into this @Upwork.

Thanks.

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2157 of 2,340

Hi Himanshu,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
amit_siwach
Amit K Member Since: May 20, 2021
2158 of 2,340

Hello Everyone,

I have started my Freelancing journey on upwork recently. Earlier, I was getting 10 connects per response for responding to interviews, upto a limit of 50 connects per week. 

Yesterday, although it was a new week for me, I responded to 4 interviews but received 10 connects ony. Could anyone help me out with this ?

Would be thankful!!

Regards,

Amit Kumar

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2159 of 2,340

Hi Amit,

Please allow up to 24 hours for the system to automatically add the Connects to your account. If the Connects are still not added, please let us know.

~ Joanne
Upwork
amit_siwach
Amit K Member Since: May 20, 2021
2160 of 2,340

Hi Joanne Marie,

Thanks for the response. It has been more than 24 hours but I have not received the remaining expected 30 connects till now. Kindly check.

Thanks!!

Amit Kumar