cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Connects to win more of the work you love

Daniel C Member Since: Jun 8, 2020
61 of 1,396

For sure, Jose. 10 credits is half the smallest bundle we are forced to buy.  Even some people working for a few dollars an hour have to use 6 connects. It's a tiny, almost meaningless concession by them.

Dayena P Member Since: Jul 31, 2020
62 of 1,396
Even it is meaningless but if upwork commitee and management will decide
then may be advisable to followed
Community Guru
Mikko R Member Since: Dec 26, 2015
63 of 1,396
Daniel, why would anyone want to do freelance and get paid nickles only? Better to get a day job instead... right?
Luca F Member Since: Nov 9, 2020
64 of 1,396

Totally agree with you. 

When I started on UpWork they were still giving 60 Connects every month and as a new freelancer, it is very hard to win jobs.

After they implemented the pay-per-Connects model, I`ve stopped using the platform just like many others. 

10 Connects it is nothing. it goes in 10 minutes or less of applying.

They should just go back to the old 60 Connects free monthly plan if they want to keep talent on the platform.

Dayena P Member Since: Jul 31, 2020
65 of 1,396
I recently joined and only get 20 free connects so i brought more 20 from
payment method.
Yes, you are right 60 will be best for new frelencer.
Johannes P Member Since: Nov 25, 2020
66 of 1,396

@ Jose M, How do you know it was 60 Connects? You are a member since 5 days.

I am greatful for everything someone gives me  so thank you Upwork, keep up the good work !

Muhammad W Member Since: Aug 10, 2020
67 of 1,396

Finally, Something I was looking for. 

Pretesh B Member Since: May 21, 2012
68 of 1,396

Giving free connects for nothing will increase useless biddings to the projects and hard for good artist who are serious about there work to get the job, and will decrease the overall experience of freelancer and the contracteres on this platform.
I have seen artist working for 10$ for the job 500$ just to get the job and they dont even give a good quality work back.
I appriciate upwork for being upgrading time to time and keeping the **Edited for Community Guidelines** 
away for both the sides on this platform.

Community Guru
Mikko R Member Since: Dec 26, 2015
69 of 1,396

Pretesth B. I am so with you on this!!!

And hey I just got a great idea!

Let's start a new website for only newbie freelancers: NoobLance

That's where everyone has an equally fair chance of realizing they should not do freelance because of poor communication skills, non-existing business skills, missing expectation management, or just not having any execution skills worth a dime, all offered completely free! Unlimited proposals, no identity verification, no nothing. Just a jungle.

Also, we could advertise this NoobLance worldwide for having the cheapest freelancers with a disclaimer saying we don't guarantee any work done properly at all but you still have to opportunity to waste your money as much as you want. But we promise that in a haystack of 1,000 proposals you can just pick randomly, since you get the same "quality work" anyway from any of the noob lancers. 😉

Shall we? I'll do the coding! For free!!! 🤣

Jose M Member Since: Nov 19, 2020
70 of 1,396

Hi Pretesh B,
Contracters come here looking for good, cheap jobs, and complain that to get them you have to do your homework in applying selection criteria. The freelancer pays 20% plus the credits he buys and the contracter 3% and complains about spam!
Protectionist measures create dinosaurs that are doomed to extinction.
-I would like to be able to apply something similar to "Google", type 1cts for each email exchanged, to see what your path of success would be.

-Let natural selection do its job.

Exchange of ideas and ways of seeing, generate progress, let people be aware!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS