More Connects to win more of the work you love

kinector
Community Guru
Mikko R Member Since: Dec 26, 2015
71 of 2,162

Pretesth B. I am so with you on this!!!

And hey I just got a great idea!

Let's start a new website for only newbie freelancers: NoobLance

That's where everyone has an equally fair chance of realizing they should not do freelance because of poor communication skills, non-existing business skills, missing expectation management, or just not having any execution skills worth a dime, all offered completely free! Unlimited proposals, no identity verification, no nothing. Just a jungle.

Also, we could advertise this NoobLance worldwide for having the cheapest freelancers with a disclaimer saying we don't guarantee any work done properly at all but you still have to opportunity to waste your money as much as you want. But we promise that in a haystack of 1,000 proposals you can just pick randomly, since you get the same "quality work" anyway from any of the noob lancers. 😉

Shall we? I'll do the coding! For free!!! 🤣

jose_monteiro
Jose M Member Since: Nov 19, 2020
72 of 2,162

Hi Pretesh B,
Contracters come here looking for good, cheap jobs, and complain that to get them you have to do your homework in applying selection criteria. The freelancer pays 20% plus the credits he buys and the contracter 3% and complains about spam!
Protectionist measures create dinosaurs that are doomed to extinction.
-I would like to be able to apply something similar to "Google", type 1cts for each email exchanged, to see what your path of success would be.

-Let natural selection do its job.

Exchange of ideas and ways of seeing, generate progress, let people be aware!

kinector
Community Guru
73 of 2,162
Jose, I'd be very interested in hearing more about your experiences.

Mine are completely different! I've found insanely good people on this platform which is the only reason why I haven't dumped it earlier. Fantastic folks looking for the best guys possible, and don't mind paying top dollars for the right competence.

Freelancers sell their time at the price they want. Nobody else decides that than the person him/herself.

Going for the low-balling business is everyone's own decision. Implications will follow of course.
jose_monteiro
Jose M Member Since: Nov 19, 2020
74 of 2,162

Hi Miko,
As I said before, I am happy to see successful people at UpWork, this is undoubtedly something positive that comes from a symbiosis of both sides, contractors and Freelancers.
I am also happy to see people who skipped the step of being initiated here at UpWork, go to the veterans class right away! This is even better for UpWork.
As I mentioned, UpWork must have ways to see its direction and make decisions according to the indicators, they should not be based on my mere opinion, because I must make it clear that I never earned a penny on UpWork.
I am out of the debate, not least because it is no longer a debate, it is an imposition of convictions or insults based on character error.
But most of all I am happy that UpWork is present and brings all the parties together!

kinector
Community Guru
75 of 2,162
Very happy to hear that, Jose. 👍
abinadab-agbo
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
76 of 2,162

Pretesh B wrote:

... will decrease the overall experience of freelancer and the contracteres on this platform.

Hold on a sec...
What the heck is "contracteres" and who the heck is inventing that word???

priteesh
Pretesh B Member Since: May 21, 2012
77 of 2,162

@ Abinadab
Hi that was just a word Mr. Jose M. used for the person who is posting job and refered as (the money Man) so just used his word to give a thought about it

Don't take it seriously
Smiley Very Happy

noorulain-zaman
Noorulain Z Member Since: Apr 9, 2019
78 of 2,162

Hi, 

I am pleased to announce that today I received 10 connects after interview. 

Thank you Upwork and its team. It's a wonderful platform to work. We all should have pateince for this opputunity. 

Thank you,

Best regards, 

Noorulain **Edited for Community Guidelines**

faizanhassan95
Faizan H Member Since: Jan 26, 2019
79 of 2,162

i'm not getting free connects can anyone help me?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
80 of 2,162

Hi Faizan,

This change hasn't been released yet. We'll provide an update once it's released. Additionally, please note that once this change is released, you’ll see free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. That date will not necessarily be the first of the month. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS