cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Connects to win more of the work you love

Community Guru
Mikko R Member Since: Dec 26, 2015
71 of 1,396
Jose, I'd be very interested in hearing more about your experiences.

Mine are completely different! I've found insanely good people on this platform which is the only reason why I haven't dumped it earlier. Fantastic folks looking for the best guys possible, and don't mind paying top dollars for the right competence.

Freelancers sell their time at the price they want. Nobody else decides that than the person him/herself.

Going for the low-balling business is everyone's own decision. Implications will follow of course.
Jose M Member Since: Nov 19, 2020
72 of 1,396

Hi Miko,
As I said before, I am happy to see successful people at UpWork, this is undoubtedly something positive that comes from a symbiosis of both sides, contractors and Freelancers.
I am also happy to see people who skipped the step of being initiated here at UpWork, go to the veterans class right away! This is even better for UpWork.
As I mentioned, UpWork must have ways to see its direction and make decisions according to the indicators, they should not be based on my mere opinion, because I must make it clear that I never earned a penny on UpWork.
I am out of the debate, not least because it is no longer a debate, it is an imposition of convictions or insults based on character error.
But most of all I am happy that UpWork is present and brings all the parties together!

Community Guru
Mikko R Member Since: Dec 26, 2015
73 of 1,396
Very happy to hear that, Jose. 👍
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
74 of 1,396

Pretesh B wrote:

... will decrease the overall experience of freelancer and the contracteres on this platform.

Hold on a sec...
What the heck is "contracteres" and who the heck is inventing that word???

Pretesh B Member Since: May 21, 2012
75 of 1,396

@ Abinadab
Hi that was just a word Mr. Jose M. used for the person who is posting job and refered as (the money Man) so just used his word to give a thought about it

Don't take it seriously
Smiley Very Happy

Noorulain Z Member Since: Apr 9, 2019
76 of 1,396

Hi, 

I am pleased to announce that today I received 10 connects after interview. 

Thank you Upwork and its team. It's a wonderful platform to work. We all should have pateince for this opputunity. 

Thank you,

Best regards, 

Noorulain **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Faizan H Member Since: Jan 26, 2019
77 of 1,396

i'm not getting free connects can anyone help me?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
78 of 1,396

Hi Faizan,

This change hasn't been released yet. We'll provide an update once it's released. Additionally, please note that once this change is released, you’ll see free Connects added to your account at the start of your next billing cycle. That date will not necessarily be the first of the month. You can find this date on your Memberships and Connects page under User Settings.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Jorge P Member Since: Aug 16, 2019
79 of 1,396

Well, if it is to comment on the subject in question, this should be filled with opinions, which each person will have to own.

I think it is an important improvement, since before it was ZERO the monthly accredited connects, however now there will be 10.

I think that freelancers should focus on a better use of the connects, as it is:
Apply for tasks that we can really stand out and win.
Apply for projects that match our skills.
Respond to interviews quickly.
Buy 20 connects every time we get paid from a project won.

Our job, as freelancers, is and should be to solve clients' requirements instead of evaluating UP's management. Because this only results in debates, discussions, etc, etc, which, according to my experience, does not lead to anything good.

Priyankara K Member Since: Dec 2, 2020
80 of 1,396

True

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS