cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More information on profile issue

Ace Contributor
Jennifer S Member Since: Dec 16, 2014
11 of 39

There are over thirty unique people on the forums alone that had this issue, most with screenshots that were edited.... so how many?  I like few dozen though, nice and open

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
12 of 39

"We will be emailing users who had their profiles appear"

You should be emailing all users, and then bringing in an external security auditor to verify that no data was compromised.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
13 of 39

Thanks, Garnor. Tough job to be the messenger and get beat up for stuff you didn't do.

Thanks for the info.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
14 of 39

Question:

If the caching problem had accidentally logged me in as an Upwork CEO, would I have been able to stop the plan to drop star feedback scores from profile page headers?

[I'm just kidding. I know people weren't accidentally logging in as other users.]

Community Guru
Claudia Z Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
15 of 39

@Preston H wrote:

Question:

If the caching problem had accidentally logged me in as an Upwork CEO, would I have been able to stop the plan to drop star feedback scores from profile page headers?

Nope, from what I experienced it wasnt possible to "change or make any action on the affected accounts." ...

But you might have seen whats next on the drop list Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
16 of 39

@Jennifer M wrote:

Thanks, Garnor. Tough job to be the messenger and get beat up for stuff you didn't do.

Thanks for the info.

Very true Jennifer. Often I find myself getting angry at the moderators and their "official announcements", even though they're just doing what Upwork tells them to do.

Management is completely responsible and to blame for this disaster and mods, you can tell them that this "official response" that they made you post is ridiculously unsatisfactory.

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
17 of 39

@Isabelle Anne A wrote:

<snip>

Management is completely responsible and to blame for this disaster and mods, you can tell them that this "official response" that they made you post is ridiculously unsatisfactory.

I could not have said it better myself. As un-satisfied as we all are, Garnor's hands are tied. Don't beat him up because he is not empowered.

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
18 of 39

@Pandora H wrote:

I could not have said it better myself. As un-satisfied as we all are, Garnor's hands are tied. Don't beat him up because he is not empowered.

According to his job description he is.

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
19 of 39

@Krisztina U wrote:

@Pandora H wrote:

According to his job description he is.

My comment was based on the fact that Garnor is not the Upwork CEO, VP, Head of Development, or whatever title you can come up that Upwork Employees have who ARE emplowered to make decisions and delegate the work to teams.

Garnor as far as I know, has little if any power to actually make decisions and delegate those decisions into actional work. That would include all the stuff we have been screaming for, for however long.

No offense meant to Garnor, of course.

I gave up being upset by anything he has said this year beause realy, he's got a script and he's going to stick to it or loose his job. He might be the one writing the script, but that doesn't change that his scripts are censored by the employes who are empowered.

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
20 of 39

@Pandora H wrote:
My comment was based on the fact that Garnor is not the Upwork CEO, VP, Head of Development, or whatever title you can come up that Upwork Employees have who ARE emplowered to make decisions and delegate the work to teams.

Pandora, with all due respect, do you even know what his job title beyond the forum label is? I only hold him accountable for the things he already publicly stated to be in charge of.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS