🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » New Billings and Earnings Report Available
Page options

New Billings and Earnings Report Available

VladimirG
Community Manager

Upwork recently created a new report called the Billings and Earnings report to address the needs expressed by our community of talent and to make it easier to keep track of earnings. The Billings and Earnings Report includes a date filter, an option to download a CSV file, and detailed information about earnings. Note, the Lifetime Billings report will eventually be moved to the Billings and Earnings report at a later date.

About the Billings & Earnings Report:

• The report is now available in the navigation bar under “Reports
  • View, print, or export reports in CSV format
  • View earnings and any applicable fees or taxes by client for the past 3 years
  • For earnings older than three years, we suggest using the Transaction History report 

(1) The Billings & Earnings report is available in the navigation bar under “Reports”.

Billings & Earnings_Callouts_1.png

(2) Upon landing on the page, the report will display your current year’s earnings by default. (3) View up to the past three years worth of earnings history. 

Billings & Earnings_Callouts_2&3.png

(4) Applicable fees and taxes required to be remitted by Upwork on your behalf are displayed. If there are no applicable taxes, labels related to taxes will not be displayed. (Don’t forget about your taxes! We only collect and remit certain taxes, like VAT, but you may be responsible for other taxes, like income tax.) 

(5) Earnings are calculated by subtracting the fees and taxes from the total billed amount. 

(6) The CSV export includes all information displayed on the page.

Billings & Earnings_Callouts_4.5.6.png

(7) A “no earnings to display for the selected date range” message will appear when the date range selected does not have an earnings history.

Billings & Earnings_Callouts_7 blankpg.png

For more information, see the Earnings Reports article in our Help Center.

18 Comments
m_terrazas
Community Member

Vlad,

Why isn't available download also a PDF?
It is much more comfortable.

jr-translation
Community Member

It might be intentional but I think there is a mistake.

The column "Total billed" only included the amount in the selected period. The columns "Fees paid" and "Your earnings" are lifetime on the contract not for the selected period.

I am adding picture to show the problem like the 100% fee in the last row.
Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Thank you!!!!!

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Maria, thanks for the question.

Please note we offer all of our reports in CSV format to allow for analyzing and storing data. PDFs of earnings is available via the Certificate of Earnings report. Let us know if this set up works for you.

jr-translation
Community Member

Jennifer R wrote:

It might be intentional but I think there is a mistake.

The column "Total billed" only included the amount in the selected period. The columns "Fees paid" and "Your earnings" are lifetime on the contract not for the selected period.

I am adding picture to show the problem like the 100% fee in the last row.
Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

Hello, is it a bug or are these numbers for 2020 correct?

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the follow-up. I've just sent you a private message and would appreciate if you could follow up on it, so we can be sure we're replicating the right information. Thank you!

shahareja_dev
Community Member

Thank you for updating the new features Heart

morozovmykyta
Community Member
Hi! Feature is amazing, tho I think it will be helpful if we have names of team members, who did the job per contract. Would be really helpful for companies P&L reports
koenigwrites
Community Member

Thank you for adding this feature!

I have been waiting for better tools to keep track of my earnings on UpWork since I joined. This new feature will save me a huge amount of time on the accounting end, and free up more time to work on growing my consultancy.

It is much sleeker, and has the information I actually need to keep track of my income and earnings on the platform.

firescue17
Community Member

New Lifetime Billing Report... is atrociously useless. Good job!