cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Community Platform Coming Soon

Ace Contributor
Sandor M Member Since: Apr 26, 2011
11 of 15
That may be true for traditional portal type sites, but i don't really see how an active/useable forum will increase : - the number of jobs posted or - quality of freelancers - increase the hire rate from clients Right now the forums are an advanced 'complain area'. Converting into a space where professionals talk with each other could increase business, but i don't see how they could do that. Its hard to compete with for ex Stack Overflow (just to give an example related to my profession ). Also i'm not sure how eager everyone would be with sharing tips
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
12 of 15

Sandor M.:

"That may be true for traditional portal type sites, but i don't really see how an active/useable forum will increase : - the number of jobs posted or - quality of freelancers - increase the hire rate from clients Right now the forums are an advanced 'complain area'. Converting into a space where professionals talk with each other could increase business, but i don't see how they could do that. Its hard to compete with for ex Stack Overflow (just to give an example related to my profession ). Also i'm not sure how eager everyone would be with sharing tips"

Sandor, I had a job offered to me because I posted on the forum. No, I did not ask for a job, I was invited to interview though because I fit something they were looking for. So I do believe a forum could be a place that prospective clients and freelancers could find quality work. I would really like to see an easier way to view the forum. The way it is now is very hard to read topics when they have been replied to especially when it might be a reply to a first page post. Just my two cents worth. I have read a lot of valuable information on the forum, especially when I first started on Odesk.

Ace Contributor
Dean a Member Since: Oct 25, 2009
13 of 15
Very nice and well done (clap clap) But how does this help me and the tons of other freelancers who applications get hidden automatically now??? A platform no matter how many bells, whistles and shining new objects is not going to help me unless i get work This is putting the cart before the horse or building a house from the roof down. How about allowing us freelancers to get some work by removing these stupid auto hide features. You wanted to stop spam - ban IP addresses or individuals instead you create this massive divide now which effects top performing freelancers
Josefina E Member Since: Mar 21, 2009
14 of 15
I strongly agree with you, me too I really don't like "auto hide features". I have better income and lots of project before. I lost job/income because of "auto hide features", really bad:-(.They should warned us ahead of time, before we will continue to bid if we are not qualified to apply. For example when we bid a project,they should inform us like, "Your chance of being awarded is "HIGH","AVERAGE", OR "LOW" for us to be aware. It's a waste of time to answer those templated questions from clients if our applications get hidden automatically.
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
15 of 15
Hi everyone, This week is launch week for our new Community platform. Barring any unforeseen delays, we're planning on making these forums "read only" later this week, targeting Wednesday. Then, after we've finished moving over the data and confirming things are working as expected, we'll turn on the lights on our new Community platform. We're hoping to do this on Thursday. I'll keep you posted on timing as we get closer to launch. Thanks for your support!
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS