cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Eligibility Requirements for Rising Talent Freelancers

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 99

We recently paused Rising Talent badging for freelancers so we could re-evaluate the requirements for this program to make it more effective in helping high-potential freelancers get started. In the coming days, we’re going to resume badging, with a few changes to the program criteria. Additionally, to increase success in the Rising Talent program, new freelancers will now be required to pass the Upwork Readiness Test. Freelancers who are currently Rising Talent will not be required to take the test.

As a reminder, the following requirements still must be met to be eligible and maintain the Rising Talent status:

• Regularly submit proposals to projects relevant to your skill set
  • Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  • Remain active by submitting proposals and/or delivering work (you must have registered in the past 30 days, or been active in the past 90 days)
  • Deliver great results to your clients
  • Complete your projects on time and as promised

Let us know if you have any questions.

Untitled
Community Leader
Mohammed G Member Since: Jun 28, 2017
2 of 99

Lena E wrote:

We recently paused Rising Talent badging for freelancers so we could re-evaluate the requirements for this program to make it more effective in helping high-potential freelancers get started. In the coming days, we’re going to resume badging, with a few changes to the program criteria. Additionally, to increase success in the Rising Talent program, new freelancers will now be required to pass the Upwork Readiness Test. Freelancers who are currently Rising Talent will not be required to take the test.

As a reminder, the following requirements still must be met to be eligible and maintain the Rising Talent status:

• Regularly submit proposals to projects relevant to your skill set
  • Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  • Remain active by submitting proposals and/or delivering work (you must have registered in the past 30 days, or been active in the past 90 days)
  • Deliver great results to your clients
  • Complete your projects on time and as promised

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks Lena for those helpful information :-

I wonder If I am a new frelancer, with 100% profile, and working on 2 hourly contracts for 3 months, but since I signed up I didn`t work but for the last 3 months, will this affect my eligibility for RT?, and what about that my projects are long term, and they will not end very soon to get a high client feedback!, will I have to wait 1 or 2 years to get the RT badge?

Thanks.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 99

Hi Mohammed,

Freelancers who haven't yet completed any contracts can also become Rising Talent as long as they meet all the requirements and continue delivering great results on their active contracts.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Leader
4 of 99

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Mohammed,

Freelancers who haven't yet completed any contracts can also become Rising Talent as long as they meet all the requirements and continue delivering great results on their active contracts.

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for the clarification.

Charity M Member Since: Oct 26, 2017
5 of 99

I believe I am legible for the RT then. Please assess my profile. Thanks 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 99

Hi Charity,

Please refer to the information shared on this thread and this Help article, and note that the Rising Talent status is assigned to selected freelancers automatically.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
7 of 99

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Mohammed,

Judging from Lena's post, nothing has changed at all.

Basically, new freelancers will still be able to get a Rising Talent badge for correctly filling out a profile.

It used to be that everybody needed to pass that super simple Readiness test - and there were loads of undeserving/fake/spammy RT profiles despite this.

Since they don't need to have completed any projects to be eligible for the badge, how are they going to demonstrate that they "continue delivering great results on their active contracts"?

Seriously, how does one do that? 

Will you start asking clients how people are doing while contracts are ongoing?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 99

Ela,

While most requirements are the same as before, we have updated how the program is run on the backend and how profiles are evaluated. While we won't be able to share specific details about the profile evaluation, having complete and accurate profile, actively submitting quality proposals and delivering great results on contracts are important factors.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Leader
9 of 99

Ela K wrote:

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Mohammed,

Basically, new freelancers will still be able to get a Rising Talent badge for correctly filling out a profile.

It used to be that everybody needed to pass that super simple Readiness test - and there were loads of undeserving/fake/spammy RT profiles despite this.

Since they don't need to have completed any projects to be eligible for the badge, how are they going to demonstrate that they "continue delivering great results on their active contracts"?

Hi Ela, 

As long as a client pays me on a regular basis every day, doesn`t this mean he is satisfied with my overall work?. He can end the contract any minute!, so he must too satisfied to close it, right?

Thanks.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
10 of 99

Mohammed G wrote:

Ela K wrote:

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Mohammed,

Hi Ela, 

As long as a client pays me on a regular basis every day, doesn`t this mean he is satisfied with my overall work?. He can end the contract any minute!, so he must too satisfied to close it, right?

Thanks.

Let me put it that way - how come people work on contracts for weeks, months or even years and end up with mediocre or even bad feedback?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS