Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Eligibility Requirements for Rising Talent Freelancers

Community Guru
Mohammed G Member Since: Jun 28, 2017
11 of 99

Hi Ela, 

As long as a client pays me on a regular basis every day, doesn`t this mean he is satisfied with my overall work?. He can end the contract any minute!, so he must too satisfied to close it, right?

Thanks.

Let me put it that way - how come people work on contracts for weeks, months or even years and end up with mediocre or even bad feedback?

That is exactly what I meant, A client must not be able to give a poor feedback for a freelancer who worked on a long term contract.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
12 of 99

@Mohammed G wrote:

A client must not be able to give a poor feedback for a freelancer who worked on a long term contract.

Lol :-)

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Mohammed G Member Since: Jun 28, 2017
13 of 99

@Rene K wrote:

@Mohammed G wrote:

A client must not be able to give a poor feedback for a freelancer who worked on a long term contract.

Lol :-)

May you please share your great experience with me, and let me know why you " LOL " my comment?, because I think I am logical, If you hired me for a job, and let me work on it on a regular basis every day, and guess what?!, You also paid me every day for a whole year!, please let me know how would you be unsatisfied with my work?.. Are you too busy to end the contract and give me a poor feedback immediately?

Looking forward to your reply.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
14 of 99
@Mohammed G wrote:

Hi Ela, 

As long as a client pays me on a regular basis every day, doesn`t this mean he is satisfied with my overall work?. He can end the contract any minute!, so he must too satisfied to close it, right?

Thanks.

Let me put it that way - how come people work on contracts for weeks, months or even years and end up with mediocre or even bad feedback?

That is exactly what I meant, A client must not be able to give a poor feedback for a freelancer who worked on a long term contract.

But they can. And they do. Who's going to stop them?

Yogesh J Member Since: Aug 16, 2017
15 of 99

He is absolutely right. I have seen this happen on many profiles. A person with more than 1 year of contract was rated at 2 star. If you want I can search the freelancers profile and share it as proof. Rift in long term relationship is very common. And people take out that anger by closing the contract and rating the client badly.

Community Guru
MERCY N Member Since: May 6, 2015
16 of 99

Yogesh J wrote:

He is absolutely right. I have seen this happen on many profiles. A person with more than 1 year of contract was rated at 2 star. If you want I can search the freelancers profile and share it as proof. Rift in long term relationship is very common. And people take out that anger by closing the contract and rating the client badly.

You can receive poor feedback even in the absence of a rift between you and the client. Have you been in an office environment where someone snaps at you just because they came from home in a foul mood - only for them to apologize later? Clients, too, are subject to the ups and downs of life, and sometimes you just become an innocent victim of their frustrations, which may have entirely nothing to do with you. Unfortunately, in our freelancing world, the client who leaves poor feedback under such circumstances is often on his/her way out to sort out other pressing matters, and you are the least of their worries. So the damage is done and that's that. And, of course, the larger the contract is, the more serious the damage on your rating.

In other cases, clients delegate daily chores to other people (VAs, etc), sometimes including sensitive tasks like cleaning up their 'portfolio', and while some assistants are very good in representing the client, others are below par and yet others vindictive. To avoid getting discouraged when you fall victim to such eventualities, it helps to consider them hazards that come with the territory. Gladly, there is always room to remedy the rating status, albeit slow.

Gurpal R Member Since: Sep 1, 2017
17 of 99

Hie Valaria,

I am going back to my home country india , do i need to change the adress of me in upwork account. or should i leave the same.

will it impact my earnings or any other issue please let me know .

i will be very thankful to you.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
18 of 99

Hi Gurpal, 

If you are permanently staying in your hometown, please update your email address. Otherwise, you can keep it to your current address.

-Avery
Untitled
Mary N Member Since: Jul 27, 2017
19 of 99

Hello! 

I have been waiting for an invitation for rising talent. Could you please advice on how to qualify for it? How do I apply

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
20 of 99

Hi Mary,

Please refer to the information and Help article Lanie shared above and note that the Rising Talent status is assigned automatically.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS