Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Feature Mid-Job Feedback

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Badr E Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
21 of 37

Also i wish we remove this "hypocrite" thing called private feedback, why you guys encourage human beings to lie and be hypocrite? You make clients smile in our face with public feedbacks and kill us in our backs with private feedback. If someone didn't like a freelancer then why not express it in public feedback so this way a freelancer avoid to work again for them, and same thing for a client.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Is this how you are changing the world Upwork, encouraging hypocrisie? God bless you with these decisions.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
22 of 37

Hi Bradr,

With mid-contract feedback, we want to provide the opportunity to share feedback without having to end a contract. We hope this helps communicate the progress of long-term ongoing contracts. We're also considering how mid-contract feedback can be incorporated into Job Success Scores, but for now, this feedback will not factor into your JSS.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Coralie E Member Since: Oct 21, 2019
23 of 37

Hello,

I understand the desire to seek/provide mid-project feedback, especially on long contracts. One distinction that I'd like to bring up is the difference between feedback and reviews.

I would hope that when a freelancer enters a new contract that part of the communication with the client is ongoing feedback to ensure that the job and the quality of the work is on track and in accordance to the client's expectations. Once I've worked with a client for a while, we understand each other's expectations, timeframes, accountability, questions, etc., and communicate on an ongoing basis. When I start a new contract, I make a point of initiating that conversation if they haven't done so already.

On the other hand, a review serves a different purpose, to assess our work throughout the life of a contract and wrap it up with the stars ratings, comments, etc.

I'm not sure whether what appears to be a public review can really serve the purpose of ongoing feedback between the freelancer and the client. However, having the ability to provide a mid-project *review* on a long-term project that can be applied to our JSS can be a very good thing. I would hope that on the off-chance that a misbehaving client wants to use that as inappropriate pressure on the freelancer, that can be suppressed from the JSS.

Just a couple of thoughts. Thanks!

Highlighted
Muhammad A Member Since: Apr 8, 2020
24 of 37

Dear Upwork team,

It's awesome clients can now leave mid-contract feedback but they can't seem to find it! Can you please allow us to press a button to "Request feedback from the client" so that something pops up in the chat that allows the client to leave feedback on it? Similar to what happens when I request a milestone payment. Please take it into consideration. We need those feedback reviews!

Highlighted
Dancun M Member Since: Sep 29, 2020
25 of 37

Thank you for sharing that information to us, we hope Upwork will have it fixed as soon as possible, they usually respond to our community questions and i am sure you will have yours solved as quick as possible

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
26 of 37

Hi Muhammad,

You can request mid-contract feedback from a client on any open contract (if the eligibility criteria is met) by clicking the “Request Feedback” option under the Feedback tab in the contract room.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Aaron C Member Since: Nov 20, 2016
27 of 37

Thanks for adding this feature! I don't know why so many folks complain/assume without reading the entire post, but from my perspective this is simply another way of staying connected with long-term clients. Moreover, feedback will show up on our profiles for ongoing projects (although as has been mentioned, this tab is pretty well concealed on our profiles).

I'd say 98% that clients will not initiate mid-job feedback unless prompted to do so by Upwork. Will this be the case (e.g., an email or notification sent to apprise or remind them of this feature)? If not, it is essentially up to freelancers to send the feedback request, which gives us more control over our book of clients. Super nice feature and thanks again.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
28 of 37

The below contract has been active for several months, has payments in excess of $5k and another milestone is funded.

Yet, it's not eligible for feedback.

Is it because: "There have not been any contract payments in the past 30 days." as mentioned at the bottom of the page?

Why would that be relevant?

Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 22.21.37.png

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
29 of 37

Hi Ela,

Yes, having payment on the contract in the previous 30 days is one of the criteria that needs to be met in order for the mid-contract feedback option to appear. Recent payments are a clear sign of the contract being active and work being done on it.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
30 of 37

Thanks, Valeria.

However, when I go to the contract room, next to the current milestone it says "active".

So the milestone is considered to be active but the contract itself is regarded as being idle at the moment? I'd call that mixed signals.

Screenshot 2020-09-03 at 17.53.45.png

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS