🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » New Feature Mid-Job Feedback
Page options

New Feature Mid-Job Feedback

lenaellis
Community Member

We are releasing a new feature that introduces mid-job feedback into contracts. Clients will soon be able to leave public feedback for freelancers while a contract is ongoing. This feedback helps freelancers share the progress of a job and have it reflected in their work history before a contract has ended. 

Why we made this change:

Gathering feedback on a contract only when the contract ends leads to a delay in gathering feedback on longer-term contracts. We hear from our customers that contracts are being closed for the sole purpose of providing feedback. Freelancers want feedback reflected in their work history and request clients to end contracts to provide feedback. This desire for feedback has led to unnecessary closure of contracts, and we would like to address the issue by facilitating optional public feedback throughout the contract (rather than only at the end of the contract). We also believe that multiple public feedback touchpoints will better communicate the progress of long-term ongoing contracts and reduce the number of contracts that close with no public feedback. We're also considering how we can incorporate mid-contract feedback into Job Success Scores (JSS), but for now, this feedback will not factor into your JSS.

How it works:

Public feedback (not private feedback) will be able to be provided from the client to the freelancer without ending a contract. Assuming the eligibility criteria noted below are met, a client will proactively be able to provide this feedback, OR a freelancer will be able to request feedback from the client. When a freelancer requests feedback, clients will have 14 days to provide the feedback. 

If feedback is not provided within this timeframe, the request expires, and a freelancer can submit another request assuming the eligibility criteria continue to be met. (We’re gradually rolling feedback requests out to freelancers. All clients will have the option to leave mid-job feedback, but only select freelancers will see the request feedback button at this time.)

Eligibility Criteria: Feedback can be requested by the freelancer or provided by the client if the following criteria are met:

• 30 days have passed since the start of the contract 
  • There was a payment on the contract in the previous 30 days
  • Feedback has not been provided in the past  30 days (using the date that the feedback was last provided, not the date that the feedback was requested)

Here are details about the new experience from both freelancer and client views. Only public feedback is gathered from the client as part of this mid-contract feedback flow. When feedback is provided, it will be shown in a freelancer’s work history. There are no impacts to JSS since mid-job feedback does not impact JSS.

NEW FEEDBACK TAB:

All feedback provided on a given contract (mid-contract and end-of-contract feedback) will be shown in a new Feedback tab of the Contract Room for both clients and freelancers.

Mid Job 1.png

Feedback will also be displayed in freelancers’ work history under the active contract.

Mid Job 3.png

The new flow is detailed below

Freelancer View (currently only select freelancers): If eligibility criteria are met, freelancers have a “Request Feedback” option in the new Feedback tab of the Contract Room.

Mid Job 5.png

Client View: Clicking “Request Feedback” triggers an email and Dash message to the client with a request for feedback. 

Mid Job 4.png

Client View: Clients fill out this form to provide mid-contract feedback. The form includes only public feedback and not private feedback.

Mid Job 6.png

Client View: Alternatively, when eligibility criteria is met, clients can choose to proactively provide feedback by clicking the “Give Feedback” button in the Feedback tab or in the overflow menu of the Contract Room. Clicking this 

Mid Job 7.png

75 Comments
natacharodriguez
Community Member

Fixed 🙂

I reached out to "Help and Support" (ticket) and they fixed it. Now it's showing the date the contract started, it no longer looks like an ended contract. It also shows "Present" and it even shows the date the mid-feedback was left 🙂

denzilotieno99
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community, 

I've not been using the "Mid-Contract Feedback" feature, but I now feel that it can help me a lot, especially after one unresponsive client ended the contract and left me terrible feedback. 

I have ongoing contracts and would not want these clients to end the contracts and leave feedback. Instead, I want to request Mid-Contract feedback to see if it'll affect my JSS. 

My question, therefore, is: will the Mid-Contract Feedback impact the JSS in any way - either positive or negative? Anyone with experience using the feature? 

Denzil

petra_r
Community Member

Denzil O wrote:

I've not been using the "Mid-Contract Feedback" feature, but I now feel that it can help me a lot,

How? It doesn't even show unless a client clicks on the "Jobs in progress" tab!

Denzil O wrote:

Instead, I want to request Mid-Contract feedback to see if it'll affect my JSS. 

It won't.

Denzil O wrote:

My question, therefore, is: will the Mid-Contract Feedback impact the JSS in any way - either positive or negative?

Not at all, in any way, shape, or form.

denzilotieno99
Community Member

Okay, thanks. 

azazmuzaffar
Community Member

Hi there!

I asked my client for the Mid-Contract Feedback a day before yesterday because I thought it will leave a positive impact on my profile. He posted 5 Star feedback yesterday in the morning, 24 hours are completed but It's not showing on my profile, but I can see it by going to contracts and then feedback.

I don't know why it's not showing on my public profile, maybe because it is the Mid Contract Feedback.

Secondly, there is no change in my profile before and after having 5 Star feedback.

Note: It is the First and the only contract I am working on.

Looking for help!

Thanks

Azaz

AleksandarD
Community Manager

Hi Azaz,

Congratulations on your first project! I checked and it seems that the feedback is already showing on your profile and that your profile was updated accordingly. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if you still don't see the feedback on your profile after trying those steps so that we can assist you.

Thank you.

azazmuzaffar
Community Member

Yes, It's showing now.

Thank you so much for the response.

Azaz

abbate_alessia
Community Member

Hello,

I have landed my first contract on UpWork recently.

Although I did some research on feedback and how it works, it was new to me that feedback on active contracts can be requested only with payments after 30 days.

The contract is now supposed to be ended but I can see the client hasn't closed it yet. 

Is there a system of reminders for feedback to be left by the client?

Can the client leave a contract open without the system to send reminders for the contract to be closed?

Thank you!

AleksandarD
Community Manager

Hi Alessia,

Congratulations on your first project!

The feedback you are referring to is a rather new feature which is Mid-Job Feedback. I'll merge your post in the official announcement thread where you can find more information about this.

In order to leave a Mid-Job Feedback, 30 days need to pass since the start of the contract and your contract doesn't meet that requirement yet.

However, if there is no more work to be done on the contract, you can ask your client to end the contract and leave the feedback that way. Feel free to check out this Community thread for more information about the feedback system.

Thank you.

abbate_alessia
Community Member
Amazing, thanks for clarifying.
Best,
Alessia