Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Feature Mid-Job Feedback

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
11 of 27

Lena E wrote:

Hi, Mary. Final contract feedback is only what's counted in the JSS score. If a client abuses mid-feedback by blackmailing of any sort this is prohibited just as it is prohibited now with the end of contract feedback. This would be reported to us and we would take necessary action. 

Hmmm. Client prohibitions are becoming fewer and fewer. I see that it is no longer "prohibited" to ask for a free test. Or at least - it is no longer in the list of options when flagging an inappropriate job. 

I would love to know how many clients have actually been suspended for blackmailing a freelancer. (Obviously, I do not expect an answer to the last sentence). 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
12 of 27

Lena E wrote:

We also believe that multiple public feedback touchpoints will better communicate the progress of long-term ongoing contracts and reduce the number of contracts that close with no public feedback.

I appreciate that this feature is optional. I think it is prudent of Upwork to have established a limit on the frequency of requests for mid-job feedback. But a month? Really? I find it hard to imagine any scenario in which monthly feedback requests of clients will not predictably become montly nagging by some subset of the freelancers who make up your stock in trade and are the face of your brand. I also find it hard to imagine circumstances under which monthly ratings, even if not resented, even if cheerfully granted, would be of any use to anyone. Oh, wait, I can: "jobs" with the brother/friend/cousin who just happens to be favorably disposed toward the freelancer, and is maybe looking for a little feedback love themselves.

Those kinds of hypotheticals aside, what about Upwork, which never tires of promoting its latest shiny stuff? Will Upwork be "helpfully" nudging longterm clients—you know, the kind of clients whose contracts are already, demonstrably, being successfully managed by freelancers—to leave feedback? If so, how often?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 27

Considering that most clients never click on "Jobs in Progress", all that mid-feedback won't be seen often by anyone anyway. Clients land on the main page and see the lost of completed jobs.

IN PROGRESS.png

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
14 of 27

Echoing the concerns that others have already mentioned. Lena, there's one part of your post that I'm confused about:

"Here are details about the new experience from both freelancer and client views. Only public feedback is gathered from the client as part of this mid-contract feedback flow. When feedback is provided, it will be shown in a freelancer’s work history. There are no impacts to JSS since public feedback does not impact JSS."

Please clarify: you're referring to mid-contract feedback specifically, right? In general, public feedback left when ending a contract does impact JSS, correct? (I hope?!)

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
15 of 27
Hi Isabelle Anne. Yes I’m referring specifically to mid job feedback not affecting the score. I’ll update the post to make that clear.
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Tom Z Member Since: Jul 10, 2016
16 of 27

I don't see the point of this feature. But sure opens up the possibility of abusing as others have mentioned.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
17 of 27

The number of these new schemes seems to have gone up during the pandemic. I can't help feeling that there are some Upwork executives stuck at home with too much spare time on their hands. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Badr E Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
18 of 27

Hello dear community,

So recently Upwork added this great new feature:

screenshot-www.upwork.com-2020.08.17-21_01_33.png

I want to express my satisfaction about this great step, thank you Upwork team for this improvement, it will really help us with our Job Sucess Score.  Last month i have posted in community a complaint about some unresponsive clients who don't bother to close contract and leave feedback for freelancers which affect our Job Score negatively even if we did a good job and the client is happy about the work, personally my Job Sucess Score dropped a lot in the past 3 months because of this issue. Now i think there is a big chance to get them to leave a feedback that will reflect our "REAL" Job Sucess Score.

Thank you UPWORK Heart

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
19 of 27
Wait wait wait... I was happy when i saw this important improvement, but why it will not be calculated into our JSS??? what's the point of this change then? Are the Developers team lazy to make this easy change in JSS algorithm?Upwork please help us, count the overall rating in JSS and when overall rating of a contract changes after 2nd or 3rd feedback of same client then update it in JSS too, easy algorithm to make by your Dev team.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
20 of 27

Also i wish we remove this "hypocrite" thing called private feedback, why you guys encourage human beings to lie and be hypocrite? You make clients smile in our face with public feedbacks and kill us in our backs with private feedback. If someone didn't like a freelancer then why not express it in public feedback so this way a freelancer avoid to work again for them, and same thing for a client.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Is this how you are changing the world Upwork, encouraging hypocrisie? God bless you with these decisions.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS