🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » New Features in Job Search
Page options

New Features in Job Search

lenaellis
Community Member

As Tam announced previously, he and his team have been working hard to make improvements to your Job Feed and the Job Search functionality. We’re here to announce some improvements see today and others arriving in the coming weeks.

New Features:

• New thumbsdown option which will minimize jobs on your Feed. 

How it works: By pressing the thumbsdown you can select a reason you want to minimize the job, the job will then collapse, displaying your reason and the font will change to grey. By clicking expand you can view the job again and re-click the thumbsdown to add it back to your Feed.

Example:

thumbsdown1.png

thumbsdown2.png
  • Autocomplete in Job Search.

How it works: when typing in the search field, searches will autocomplete with words and phrases to help you select an option.

Example:

searchauto.png

Upcoming Features:

• New search filters:  We know this is a long awaited feature that many of you have chimed in on! In the coming weeks you will have the ability to:
      • filter by verified payment method.
      • filter by jobs posted by previous clients.

• “Previous Client” badges: With this functionality you’ll be able to tell right away whether or not you have worked with a client in the past, by seeing a badge on the job tile signaling a “previous client.” Here’s an example of what it’ll look like:

previous client badge.png

• “Applied” badge in Job Search results: When performing new job searches, you’ll see an indicator that highlights for you jobs for which you’ve already submitted a proposal/responded to an invite. Note, this will also show if you’re in an agency and one of your agency members have applied.

previous applied badge.png

14 Comments
noirre
Community Member

I'm loving these changes. They will make the job feed so much nicer to read and to sort through. Good work, UpWork!

katrinabeaver
Community Member

Great changes Upwork team and Tam

gnakeur
Community Member

Indedd this is a useful feature. Thanks.

And who is Tam?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Giorgi,

Tam is our superstar Product Manager who is on a mission to improve Search. 

felix-a-porter
Community Member
Yes, these are the kinds of changes that Upwork need! Now if only we can do something about that service fee then Upwork would be perfect.
ravi_iitian
Community Member

Life has become a whole lot better!

Thanks!

outsourceupwork
Community Member

Two Suggestions:

1.  Please add Western Union as Payment option.

2. indicate if unverified clients payment system is under verification or waiting for client payment system.

It will help to take decision to bid on New Client Job Post or not.

Upwork.png

laurad123
Community Member

Was wondering if there will be any additional search filters added to the Find Jobs section?  Would be nice to be able to search for Preferred Location by clients that have posted Preferred Qualifications in their job listings.  Would also be nice to be able to break it down further by time zones when specified.

ryzaack
Community Member

Dear Lena, 

could you please give me an answer about the thumbsdown option? I actually use this feature a lot in an effort to help both myself and the community (possibly the clients as well) to organize and update the jobs as necessary. This is where my question comes in - do the clients have any reports on these?

E.g. if a number of freelancers minimizes a job posting for "budget too low" - will the client be notified?

Thanks

VladimirG
Community Manager

Hi Edvin,

Thanks for raising this question. No, the client will not be notified about the actions you take in your job feed.