Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Freelancer Profile Layout

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
71 of 697

Joan S wrote:

Cary - You think this new profile page is an improvement? 

Personally, I prefer it.

Joan S wrote:

Why doesn't Upwork ask freelancers what they like 

They do that.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
72 of 697

Why do you prefer it, Petra?  Maybe you are more fortunate than the rest of us, but no one on Upwork has ever asked me what I like or don't like about a particular part of Upwork.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
73 of 697

Joan S wrote:

Why do you prefer it, Petra?  Maybe you are more fortunate than the rest of us, but no one on Upwork has ever asked me what I like or don't like about a particular part of Upwork.

A few members here and there are sometimes asked to provide feedback with a live Upwork Employee. I've done it once (years ago). While I think this kind of feedback process is a good idea, it's not enough. When only newbies like something, it usually means it's going to suck for anyone who is established. We have seen this time and time again. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
74 of 697

I could not agree more, Pandora. I don't understand why Upwork keeps adding newbies when there are already too many freelancers on the site and not enough clients. In addition, so many of the newbies don't understand how Upwork works, they don't seem to read any of the information Upwork posts about the site, and I often wonder how Upwork thinks those people will ever get jobs.

Highlighted
Community Guru
75 of 697

In looking at your profile, Pandora, it seems to me that Upwork would benefit from your project knowledge! I hope someone reads this and pays attention.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
76 of 697

Joan S wrote:

In looking at your profile, Pandora, it seems to me that Upwork would benefit from your project knowledge! I hope someone reads this and pays attention.

Awww thanks Smiley Happy But I don't work for $8.00 an hour

The serious irony is that when I still lived in Northern California, I WORKED on the street where Upwork HQ is. LOL small world.

Highlighted
Community Guru
77 of 697

Ha Ha. Upwork would be well off to pay you your regular rate! Would love to know what they are paying people to ruin the good things they currently have. They demolished reports and now they are destroying a good profile page. And where are they finding those people? Hard to believe it would be in the US. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! I was born in LA and so thankful I left many years ago. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
78 of 697

Hi Cary,
In addition to what has already been commented regarding the fact that portfolios must appear at the top in all profiles (general and specialized), it would be nice:
- Allow "reorder items" when you are uploading a project.
Now, the order of the items is given by the order of upload of the images.
If, for whatever reason, you get confused or one of the images gives an error, everything becomes disorganized and you must start again.
Since this function already exists to "reorganize projects", can you go one step further and do it for each project?
I assure you that it would be very welcome.

Highlighted
Tushar K Member Since: Sep 9, 2017
79 of 697
Awesome design. This feels much more modern and compact. More information is visible on the screen in less footprint. Cheers 👍
Highlighted
Ramiz K Member Since: Apr 5, 2020
80 of 697

Dear Team,

This improvement is really good looking and all the information is easily accessible for clients and freelancers too. Really impressive and make a good environment for work.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS