Re: New Freelancer Profile Layout

Highlighted
Noman I Member Since: Dec 27, 2019
81 of 691

Mobile View also good look, Nice Design 

Highlighted
Gilbert R Member Since: Mar 28, 2017
82 of 691

Great to see the new layout and great work done by Upwork. Thank you guys for taking it to another level and it will help new freelancers as well to get more projects.  Amazing works! Keeping going. 

Highlighted
Qaiser S Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
83 of 691

Nice and clean

Highlighted
Christopher C Member Since: Nov 27, 2018
84 of 691

This new profile layout is fine, but the old profile was better for 2 reasons.

Portfolio section: The old portfolio section was bigger showing 4 items at a time with larger thumbnails. This was a much more engaging and prominent way to show off a freelancer profile. This new layout is too small and undervalues the portfolio items. Makes a freelancer's portfolio of work seem less important and has no visual attraction anymore. Bring back the 4 big thumbnail preview style, or give freelancer's the ability to choose which option they want to have on their profile. Portfolio is just as important as work history. The work history thumbnails should be bigger too how it used to be.

Description section: The description section at the top of a freelancer's profile is also too small. Showing even less characters before the "...more" than before. This really limits a freelancer's ability to describe themselves and their background / skills effectively. By making the section initial preview space even less characters than before you are undervaluing a freelancer's own words about themselves. Most potential clients do not click the "...more" to read the complete freelancer description.

Otherwise, the new layout is fine, but I really hope my input is considered to really bring the portfolio sections back to life and the description space back to a reasonable character count in the initial preview space.

Highlighted
Slava M Member Since: Oct 9, 2018
85 of 691

I agree with this. Now the project name can consist of very few words and the images are small, it is harder to review portfolio item without opening it and fewer projects displayed. I think 4 big portfolio items are better than 3 smaller.

My thoughts on the update:
1) The old layout felt more structured and less cluttered.

We read information one-by-one at the old layout, we had a clear focus on what we are reading and page wasn't too long for my openion. It felt clean and structured. The current page feels more cluttered and focus is not clear. Visual hierarchy is a weeker at the new layout. If you tested and this layout shows more hire rate — it is great, I hope so. This is the only reason this layout can be better, otherwise old one felt more clean and structured.

2) I like that portfolio displayed at the top of the page. For me, as a designer, it is important to showcase my works and it is great that it comes first.

3) I like that if you have a video introduction it will be displayed more noticeable.

Highlighted
Susan D Member Since: Nov 5, 2018
86 of 691

I have to agree with the first text section being too small to make a good impact.

Mohammad M Member Since: Jul 15, 2020
87 of 691

Thanks a million. Hope that will be great..

Highlighted
Oren T Member Since: Oct 23, 2017
88 of 691

Very nice

This is exciting for me with my 450 jobs under "all work"

I think it is a gerat time to update profiles better then ever during the pandemic erra.

Highlighted
Ehab A Member Since: Apr 11, 2020
89 of 691

I like it so much

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rafsun S Member Since: Feb 10, 2018
90 of 691

I can see the new look of my profile now. It's beautiful!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS