Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Freelancer Profile Layout

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
31 of 670

Hi Michael and Pandora,

As Lena noted in the original announcement, when a specialized profile is about Design and Creative work, the portfolio will be more visible.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
32 of 670

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Michael and Pandora,

As Lena noted in the original announcement, when a specialized profile is about Design and Creative work, the portfolio will be more visible.

Thanks Valeria, for some reason that info just whooshed right by me.

Also, I think this is a bad decision. Who is Upwork to tell us if our Portfolio is important to us or not. I can personally say that my Portfolio has gotten me jobs, and that I worked very hard to develop those materials.  And no, for the record, I do not offer Creative services for my clients, at least in the way the word is intended here.

I also really really hate that the very awesome (but now ignored) service package section is horribly located. You might as well have not even given us this feature.

Highlighted
Afifa A Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
33 of 670

I don't think it a good idea. I am a game developer and I want to show my portfolio at the top as well but I am not in design and creative field I am more on a developer side.

Highlighted
Md L Member Since: Dec 8, 2017
34 of 670

I think so this is herd but this nice.

Highlighted
Ahtisham U Member Since: Sep 24, 2018
35 of 670

you are Right. 

Highlighted
Vincent C Member Since: Jan 22, 2020
36 of 670

My observation too....and it's a better design for me - having suffered the effects of a huge JSS drop!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
37 of 670

So right, Christine! And what is the purpose of the large map on the left side of the screen? I have never personally met with a client. My location is stated at the top of the page. Isn't that enough? When someone posts a job, there is no map to show his or her location!

Highlighted
Mokter B Member Since: Jul 21, 2020
38 of 670

I seem its very nice to see

Highlighted
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
39 of 670

So if you have portfolio items for a specialized profile, they will automatically show up in your General profile?

And what about those of us that aren't in design or creative fields who don't use a portfolio? Will this be just a big blank space? 

What fields did you test this profile with? I'm getting really tired of Upwork deciding what my business advertising should look like without even asking for feedback before you decide to start rolling things out.  Share the test results with us  if they were so great. 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
40 of 670

Hi everyone,

This new layout should be rolling out this week, possibly today. 

If you don't have a portfolio, your overview would be moved up, displaying under your profile title instead. There will be no blank space. 

-Lena

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS