Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Freelancer Profile Layout

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Marija J Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
51 of 670
Same for me, still waiting for it to be resolved.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
52 of 670

I was just looking at my own profile from my client account. The most prominent item in the new layout is now my hourly rate - it's big and bold and right at the top of the page, so that's the first thing that clients will see when they click on my name. My JSS score and top-rated badge are way less noticeable, and my work experience (number of jobs completed, earnings, etc.) isn't even visible on a laptop screen unless I scroll down.

I can't help but question the decision-making process that went into these changes. Evidently, you wanted to level the playing field for new freelancers and/or those with poor JSS scores, by making factors like quality and experience less important. That's a questionable decision in and of itself, especially in light of announcing new badges that are supposed to make it easier for clients to find freelancers with great success rates and high earnings. ("Here's your shiny new badge! Unfortunately, most clients won't notice it.") But did you also consider that the new design will increase the likelihood that clients will choose freelancers based mainly on price, since that's the most prominent thing that they'll see when they look at our profiles? A lot of clients already see Upwork as a reverse auction; this will only encourage the practice and result in lower prices overall.

Apart from that, I'm pleased with the decision to move portfolios to the top of the page for creative categories, so, kudos where due.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Chester O Member Since: Jun 29, 2020
53 of 670
This is actually a welcome development. People can't be presidents of governors for years, sometimes we need to give room for the new young freelancers with skills and trying to make a living with no jobs on the outside world. With this new users will have more chance to make a living and earning more money for Upwork.
Highlighted
Nayan Kanti D Member Since: Nov 18, 2019
54 of 670

No Bad

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
55 of 670

Christine A wrote:

I was just looking at my own profile from my client account. The most prominent item in the new layout is now my hourly rate - it's big and bold and right at the top of the page, so that's the first thing that clients will see when they click on my name. My JSS score and top-rated badge are way less noticeable, and my work experience (number of jobs completed, earnings, etc.) isn't even visible on a laptop screen unless I scroll down.

I can't help but question the decision-making process that went into these changes. Evidently, you wanted to level the playing field for new freelancers and/or those with poor JSS scores, by making factors like quality and experience less important. That's a questionable decision in and of itself, especially in light of announcing new badges that are supposed to make it easier for clients to find freelancers with great success rates and high earnings. ("Here's your shiny new badge! Unfortunately, most clients won't notice it.") But did you also consider that the new design will increase the likelihood that clients will choose freelancers based mainly on price, since that's the most prominent thing that they'll see when they look at our profiles? A lot of clients already see Upwork as a reverse auction; this will only encourage the practice and result in lower prices overall.

Apart from that, I'm pleased with the decision to move portfolios to the top of the page for creative categories, so, kudos where due.

And they moved everyone elses Portfolios so far down, they will never been noticed. I am not in the creative category, but still have 10 carefully crafted Portfolio items that in the past, have gotten me jobs. Was about to launch a brand new set of Portfolio and Service Package items. Got new logos and content all ready to go, that I PAID for. Useless now. Going to have to scap my entire Profile and re-make it. Marked my Profile private until I have time (maybe this coming weekend?) to fix it. 

Highlighted
Connor H Member Since: Jul 15, 2020
56 of 670

I think so, but portfolio items should be automatically show up on General profile also show on specific profile. If we switch specific profile remain the specific portfolio correspond to those.

Highlighted
Awais A Member Since: Jul 11, 2020
57 of 670

vry nyc

Highlighted
Mashood Ul H Member Since: Jul 29, 2019
58 of 670

Can't wait to see the new update Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Ankit S Member Since: Oct 26, 2018
59 of 670

looking great

Highlighted
Md Iqbal H Member Since: Jul 15, 2020
60 of 670

this feature is really Amazing. I really appreciate it. When I saw these features then I feel It's a big opportunity for every freelancer and It's 100% sure. I am really glad to work with Upwork. 

Thanks a lot to the Upwork team with the community.

Iqbal.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS