Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Identity Verification Badge available soon for Top Rated Freelancers

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 274

We will soon be releasing a new Identity Verified badge for Top Rated freelancers. This badge will display on Top Rated freelancers’ profiles after they have gone through the identity verification flow.

Many of you have already completed some form of identity verification on Upwork, whether through a video call or by submitting your identity documents. However, clients cannot see this information and are not aware when a freelancer takes steps to verify their identity on Upwork.

With this new badge, freelancers now have the ability to proactively verify their identity, and showcase the verification publicly on their profiles. Some Top Rated freelancers may have already verified their identity with Upwork in the past and may see a verified badge on their profile once this feature launches.

IDV Badge1.png

We will start by rolling this out to Top Rated freelancers over the next few months. When you become eligible, we will notify you when you log in to complete the verification process by going to your Settings and selecting Identity Verification.

IDV 2.png 

As part of the verification process you will be asked to upload an official government-issued ID and complete a short video call with us.  Once you’ve completed the verification process, the “Verified Identity” check mark will be shown beside your profile photo and name.  The badge will display with hover-over text, letting clients know that you’ve verified your identity with Upwork.

IDV 3.png 

Although this badge will only be available to Top Rated freelancers for now, we do plan to expand the program in the future and will update you when this is available.

As freelancers, you’ve built your reputation on Upwork through feedback, showing a strong work history on your profile, and through the stellar work product you deliver.  We’re hoping that this new Identity Verified badge will help you further establish confidence and credibility with clients and better promote your freelance business. You can find more information in our Help Center articleIf you have any questions or comments, let us know. 

Untitled
Ace Contributor
Md Ashifur R Member Since: Mar 12, 2015
2 of 274

Recently I've noticed that Upwork has a new feature for Top Rated freelancers. From Upwork Support page I got all the information about that feature called ''ID Verification Badge''. Top Rated freelancers are eligible to get a verified badge next to their Upwork name which is really awesome. 

Source: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010609234-ID-Verification-Badge

I was asked to verify my identity few days ago and I successfully verified my identity but I didn't get the verified badge nor do I have the option to get the badge in my user settings now! 

verify-identity.pngSource: https://support.upwork.com/hc/article_attachments/360020068333/verify-identity.pngIt was clearly written in FAQs that only Top Rated freelancers will become eligible to earn the “Identity Verified” badge for now. You can see that FAQ image below.

Upwork ID V.PNGSource: Upwork Support Page FAQs

I'm a Top Rated freelancer and few days ago I verified my identity so I think I'm eligible for this badge but I ain't sure how to get the badge! The FAQs answers are confusing! 

Could anyone clarify this issue in more detail? Thanks in advance!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 274

Hi Md Ashifur,

Thanks for your question. To start, we are slowly rolling it out to Top Rated freelancers over the next few months. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you when you log into our site.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Md Ashifur R Member Since: Mar 12, 2015
4 of 274

Thanks Valeria for addressing my concern! 

''Upwork is slowly rolling it out to Top Rated freelancers over the next few months.'' 

Had it been written in the FAQs as well, I wouldn't have to be confused!

Muhammad R Member Since: Mar 13, 2017
5 of 274

Hi Valeria.I have an issue while starting verification process .When i start the verification process The following window comes."We can not complete you request now.we are experiencing an unexpected spike in traffic. Please help .

Thanks

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 274

Hi Muhammad, 

As Valeria has noted, we are slowly rolling it out to Top Rated freelancers over the next few months. When you become eligible, we’ll notify you that you need to complete this verification process when you log into our site.

-Avery
Untitled
7 of 274

Hi Avery. Thanks for your reply .I have notify by upwork.When i have login my profile the following popup occurs on my home page "Eran an identity verifiied badges to make your profile more trustworthy -available to top rated freelancers now.Get started" .But when i click on get started the following window occurs.."We can not complete you request now.we are experiencing an unexpected spike in traffic.I have tried many times but the same results.I also attacing the screenshot. Thanks

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 274

Apologies for the late reply Muhammad. Could you please clear your cache and cookies, try using a different browser and let us know if you were able to access your account and complete the verification process?

9 of 274

Hi Vladimir. I have cleared my cache and try withanother browser but the issue is same."We can't complete your request now
We're experiencing an unexpected spike in traffic. Please try again later. "

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
10 of 274

Hi Muhammad, 

Could you please confirm what type of browsers have you used? Thank you.

Untitled