cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Repeatedly Incorrectly told my name is wrong

Highlighted
Mileva B Member Since: Feb 3, 2020
421 of 463

Also the link regarding news about the current Wirecard crisis embeded in an alert, which they posted on the main page, is also broken. 

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
422 of 463

Hi Mileva,

Thank you for reporting this to us. I have shared this with the team so that we can check and correct this as soon as possible.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
423 of 463

Hi Md,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Shameem K Member Since: Jun 28, 2020
424 of 463
I have submitted my id before 3 days but it is not verified yet.
Highlighted
425 of 463

Hi Shameem,

I checked your account, and it looks like you already have an open ticket regarding your ID verification. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further. Thank you for your patience.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Kamran S Member Since: Apr 23, 2018
426 of 463

I am unable to go to video verification process. Whenever I open support.upwork.com it keeps me redirecting to the home page of Upwork Help every time. and not letting me move onto any other page/link of Upwork Help.

Highlighted
427 of 463

Hi Kamran, 

I checked your account, and it looks like you have already completed the video verification process. The badge has been added to your profile. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Wes S Member Since: Jun 22, 2020
428 of 463

I am being told repeatedly that my profile name and actual name on my bank account and ID do not match.

I am unsure why this is happening. My full name is John Wesley Seward. I go by my middle name which as is shown on my ID is Wes or Wesley. Those are very common names and very common shortened versions of the names. We should not be having these issues.

Can someone please put a note on my account or something for whatever customer support person is manually doing this?(as per the emails)

Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
429 of 463

It may seem easy to you, but computers are not very smart when it comes to names. It is understandable that your name variants are confusing the matching algorithm.

Highlighted
Wes S Member Since: Jun 22, 2020
430 of 463

I am being told that it is manually being flagged as not matching in the emails. 

John and Wesley which shortened version is Wes are both Christian names that are biblical and extremely common in western culture. This are not unique names.

Now I am trying to use the wizard - it is saying that an expiration date on my ID of 07-30 2020 is in the past so it won't let me submit. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS